The Chosen Two Archive
A Buffy/Faith Fanfiction Community

The Chosen Two Archives

BROWSE BY:

Relationship [278]
Season [231]
Character
Genre

Archive Links:

Twitter
Awards
Tumblr
Links

Site Info

Members: 1528
Series: 20
Stories: 289
Chapters: 1547
Word count: 7905728
Authors: 58
Reviews: 2554
Reviewers: 156
Newest Member: BRBonobo
 

Search





Going Downtown by 4chunfvrsthbrave
[Reviews - 13]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes:

This is my first time posting a story on this site so it might look a little clumsy. If so, I take all the blame. I'm a bit computer stupid. I hope I do it right and you can just sit back and enjoy the story.

Part One

 

I’ve been noticing some things lately. Things I never used to notice.

 

I think I’ll blame Satsu.

 

Cuz the things I’ve been noticing are… girls. And their girly parts.

 

Long, sleek legs… (girly legs)

 

Pert behinds… (girly behinds)

 

Soft, bouncy breasts… (girly breasts cuz the alternative is kinda gross)

 

Pouting lips… (mmmmmm!)

 

I like to watch them stretch and bend. Oooo! And the sparring! Two slayers going at it make my own girly parts all warm and melty.

 

Stupid Satsu made me gay. And I say gay, not bi, cuz I don’t even hardly look at men anymore.

 

Wait… scratch that. There’s no ‘hardly’ about it. I don’t look at men at all anymore. They don’t even interest me.

 

The last time I tried for a man was when I made that play for Xander. But Dawn beat me to it. Slut.

 

I’m kidding! Sorta. I really am happy for them. But now I’m all confused. I thought I’d try talking to Willow but I get all flustered and red-faced whenever I do. She probably thinks I have a brain tumor or something cuz of all the babbling and stuttering I’ve been doing.

 

I’ve thought about talking to Satsu about it but she’ll get all hopeful and doe-eyed and then I won’t be able to resist her again. I do not want to lead her on. That’s just mean.

 

She’s better off in Japan. Except for the fact that now, I’m not gettin’ any. And a horny slayer is a dangerous slayer.

 

So I’ve been feeling a little off kilter… not quite myself…

 

And then… Faith and Giles showed up a few weeks ago!

 

Don’t get me wrong, I was really happy to see Giles. But Faith… not so much. The last time we saw each other, we fought. Like that’s anything new. I mean, I’d managed to get past the whole trying to drown me thing but we still found a way to get into a huge yelling, screaming match a few weeks later. I don’t even remember what we fought about. Then there was a nice long stretch of time without Faith as she and Giles circumnavigated the globe, picking up stray slayers.

 

So when Giles announced that they would be staying and training the group of sullen, rogue slayers, I could feel dread creeping up my spine.

 

Our first strategy, mine’s and Faith’s I mean, was to avoid eye contact and stay out of each other’s way. It was a nice tacit agreement. The best kind of agreement to have with Faith.

 

But our paths crossed pretty often and the tacit had to become untacit. Untacit-ed? Darn it. I really should stay away from big words I barely understand.

 

We had to converse on occasion so we kept it professional and slayer related. Our sparring schedules crossed the most. I ended up with a lot of time to watch her instructing her group of misfits. And that turned out to be very confusing because my “girl watching” turned into “Faith watching.”

 

I started to notice that Faith had changed. Her groupies clung to her like baby possums but she just took it in stride. And she didn’t act like their cool aunt either. She was tough but always fair. Her fighting technique was a complete joy to watch. I’d already been enjoying watching slayers spar but Faith was… well, watching her was much more intense. She’s like… coiled power. She wielded that power very mindfully too, which I was not expecting.

 

Whatever Giles has been doing, it’s working. I’ve never seen Faith so grounded and centered.

 

I thought, at first, that was why I kept watching her. Her calm self being such a novelty and all. But as the weeks progressed I realized that I was having lots of lusty thoughts about her. Girls in general but her specifically.

 

I had a major wig-out the day I figured that out, lemme tell ya! I had to spend a few hours in my room eating the stash of strawberry-banana yogurt that I keep for just such an emergency. Then I had to think about stuff… which is not really my forte but I gave it the ol’ college try. I may not have graduated UC Sunnydale but I definitely have a PhD from the School of Hard Knocks.

 

So after about four hours of deep, serious contemplation, I concluded that I must be stir-crazy. Trapped in this drafty, old castle where it’s overcast all the damn time and not being able to see the warm, California sun has atrophied my brain.

 

My solution to this problem was to spend some time observing Faith. Reacquaint myself with her, as it were.

 

It seems she’s made peace with most everyone. It started with Giles. Those two have been thick as thieves for months. (And what the hell does ‘thick as thieves’ mean, anyway? Shouldn’t thieves be thin and not thick?) Then Dawn, Xander, and finally Willow, all started “meaningful dialogue” with Faith.

 

I’m the only holdout. But not because I’m holding a grudge, though I did do that for a while. It’s because I’m afraid I’m gonna babble like a complete weirdo if I try to talk to her. It’s bad enough just trying to make oblique lesbian talk with Willow. I am absolutely terrified of Faith finding out that I’ve got this girl-crush on her. I watch her whenever I can and avoid her at all costs.

 

It’s trickier than it sounds.

 

============

 

I have always prided myself that I am a thinking-on-her-feet kind of girl. Gal. Woman.

 

But lately, all of the blood meant for my thinking brain has fled south. I can barely hold a thought in my head! Every time I try to speak, it comes out as blather or snipe.

 

And the naughty thoughts about Faith have escalated. I’m actually afraid I’m gonna find myself rubbing on her before I can stop myself. Every once in a while she catches me looking at her before I can look away.

 

She’s been sitting in on our Scooby meetings lately, too. I had a private argument with Willow and Xander about it but they vetoed me. They said something like, “She’s part of the group now. Now that Giles is back, we need them both.”

 

So now I can barely keep up in the meetings. It was hard enough before cuz those meetings can be pretty mind numbing. But now… all I see is Faith.

 

Faith as she chews on a pen…

 

Faith as she leans her elbow on the table with her cheek in her hand…

 

Faith as she yawns and tries to stay awake…

 

I do my very best to not sit next to or across from her. My feet are always itching to play footsie with hers.

 

A couple of times she caught my eye and we shared “a moment.” She would smirk and roll her eyes and then look a little uncertain, like maybe she might have crossed a line. But I would answer with a smirk of my own, heart pounding and mouth dry.

 

But, other than that, I avoid her like the plague. I can’t take the chance of a slip-up.

 

Like today, for example…

 

The meeting discussion was blazing along without me. Something about going undercover to catch some rich demon-worshipping lady. I was paying no attention whatsoever because Faith was eating a jelly donut that had overflowed down her chin. She has a very dexterous tongue. And long. And very tasty looking.

 

That’s when Willow said, “Buffy?”

 

And I said, “Huh? Yes! I can do that!” having no idea what I just agreed to.

 

Giles answered, “Excellent. I’ll contact Andrew and we’ll get started on the arrangements.”

 

Fuck! What the hell did I just agree to?


Chapter Views: 4193




Please note: If you are using IE (particularly IE9) and having problems with the review form, try turning off text editor. Otherwise, try a different browser.