The Chosen Two Archive
A Buffy/Faith Fanfiction Community

The Chosen Two Archives

BROWSE BY:

Relationship [279]
Season [232]
Character
Genre

Archive Links:

Twitter
Awards
Tumblr
Links

Site Info

Members: 1539
Series: 20
Stories: 290
Chapters: 1551
Word count: 7910064
Authors: 59
Reviews: 2554
Reviewers: 156
Newest Member: evesock
 

Search





You Can't Hurry Love by Really-an-angel
[Reviews - 20]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Chapter Twenty-Nine

 

"I'm nervous. I'm really, body trembling, knees knocking, nervous!" Willow confessed, fingers tapping out a frantic rhythm on her vanity dresser. "Should I be this nervous? Surely it's not normal? I mean... I'm about to marry the woman I love, in front of our families and our friends. I should happy. I should be grinning like an idiot."

 

"I think loads of brides feel nervous."

 

"What if she's changed her mind?" the redhead asked in a panic, eyes going wide. "If I'm having doubts, maybe Kenny is too!"

 

Buffy smiled calmly. "No way, Wills. Kennedy adores you."

 

"What if Xander and Faith tied her to a lamppost? Or got her drunk and put her on a ferry to France?"

 

"They wouldn't dare do that," the blonde assured her best friend, fingers crossed in the hope that they hadn't. When they got together and got drinking, they turned into adolescents.

 

"Did the flowers turn up? What if they don't turn up? What if the florist lost our address, or... or got into a traffic accident. Can I get married without a bouquet? Isn't that unlucky? We have flowers in the gardens here. Will Mr. Wilhelm let me destroy some to make a new bouquet?"

 

"The flowers are here, Willow," Buffy told her as calmly as she could, trying to halt the freak-out. "I made sure they had the right address yesterday to prevent any screw ups. Breathe, Will. It's all going to be okay." She smiled brightly as the redhead inhaled deeply and slowly let it out.

 

"Knock knock," the photographer called out, knocking on the closed door to get their attention.

 

Walking across the bedroom, Buffy opened the door and forced a smile, silently hoping he wasn't about to tell her something disastrous. "What's up, Denis?" she asked as perkily as she could.

 

"I just wanted to get a quick shot of the bride and her bridesmaids before they get dressed into their gowns. Then, I'll get one of you all glamorous once you're ready."

 

"Sure, okay. Let me go find the girls. Wills, do you need anything?"

 

"A stiff drink!" the anxious redhead decided.

 

Buffy smiled. "I'll see what I can do." Leaving the bedroom, she spotted her sister and Kennedy's half-sister standing with the make-up girl and Sheila Rosenberg. Mr. Rosenberg was on the sofa reading the morning newspaper, looking like he didn't have a care in the world. She walked over to the kitchen and poured the nervous bride a glass of lemonade. The last thing Willow needed was alcohol! "Dawn."

 

Excusing herself, Dawn hurried over. "Everything all right? Is Willow having a panic attack?"

 

"Just a mini meltdown. You know our Willow!" Buffy smiled. "Here, give her this. Tell her it's a gin and tonic."

 

Dawn took the glass and sniffed it suspiciously. "What is it really?"

 

"Lemonade. I'll be right in, we're wanted for a photograph. First, I have to grab Kennedy's sister and, more importantly, make a quick phone call."

 

"To make sure Kennedy hasn't done a runner?" the younger woman smirked.

 

"Don't even joke." Picking up the phone, Buffy dialled Faith's apartment and waited in nervous apprehension for someone to pick up. Please be there, please be there, please be there! she chanted in her head, nibbling on her bottom lip as a hundred and one bad scenarios ran through her mind.

 

"Hello?"

 

Buffy sighed in relief. "You're there! And you're awake! Thank God for that!"

 

"Hey, babe. Yeah, we're here and awake. Did you really think we wouldn't be?"

 

"I had faith," the blonde joked lightly. "Willow not so much. I think she's thought of every worst scenario possible!"

 

"Well, you can reassure her that we're good to go over here. Me and Xand had Kenny in bed at a respectable hour. She got up with the birds, looking fresh as a daisy..."

 

"Do you really expect me to believe that?" Buffy interrupted, feeling better now that she was talking to Faith.

 

"Maybe not you, but Red might!"

 

Seeing Dawn at the bedroom doorway signalling for her attention, Buffy knew she had to wrap up the call. "I have to get going, baby. I've got a hundred and one things to do still."

 

"I missed you last night. Can't wait to see you."

 

Buffy smiled. "Yeah?"

 

"Yeah. Tonight you've definitely got snuggles coming your way."

 

Buffy laughed out loud, her cheeks turning pink. "I look forward to it. By the way, did the florist find you?"

 

"Yeah, who do you think woke us up!" Faith chuckled. "She handed over a box then rushed off. We're uhh... not sure how to attach them. Do you just stick 'em through the button hole?"

 

"Don't do anything. I'll have Giles come over to you and he'll show you."

 

"All right, babe. Hey, are the twins okay?"

 

"They're fine, happily being watched over by Monica and Tania. You being away last night confused them I think. Lukas kept looking around, like he was searching for you."

 

"I'll drop in and see them before we head off to the site."

 

"When you get there, make sure there's a wedding program on every seat, then greet every guest as they arrive..."

 

"B, I know the drill. I was at the rehearsal, okay? Calm down."

 

"Okay, sorry. I'm just..." she exhaled, "...I want this to be perfect for them."

 

"It will be. See you later?"

 

"Count on it." Hanging up, Buffy headed over to the bedroom, a bright smile curling her lips. "Okay, a quick photo then we'll start getting ready," she said cheerfully. "Wills, I have it on good authority that Kennedy is up, dressed and excited to see you."

 

"Oh, my God, I love her so much!"


* * * *

 

Willow was a vision in an off-the-shoulders white dress and even Kennedy scrubbed up nicely in a perfectly tailored suit. The ceremony had been beautiful, with tears and smiles being shared by all. Not an overly religious service, the ceremony covered everything important, including vows, handfasting, and a calling on the elements. Quinn Utah's aunt had been a great officiant, making the ceremony light-hearted and funny in places.

 

After the ceremony, while the guests had been driven over to the school grounds for cocktail hour, the bridal party remained behind to pose for some photographs. Now they were back at the school and Buffy had to check on the caterers, make sure the table settings were perfect, make sure Yulia Kharchenko was set up, make some small talk with guests and go and pick up her babies. But, she couldn't do any of that because Faith had decided they needed some make-out time.

 

"God, I missed you last night!" the brunette growled huskily into Buffy's ear. "I've gotten so used to sleeping next to you, I was just about ready to jump out of bed and come find you."

 

"Mmm, baby," Buffy tried to squirm away. "As much as I'm loving the attention, I really can't spare the time."

 

Faith pulled back slightly and pouted. "I haven't seen you all day."

 

"You didn't take your eyes off me during the whole ceremony!" Buffy smiled. "Remember? Kennedy had to nudge you to get you to hand over the rings."

 

The pout grew. "You know what I mean."

 

"I've missed you too, sweetheart, I can't tell you how much! But, I have to make sure everything is running smoothly. It's my job as maid of honour."

 

Puffing out her cheeks in frustration, Faith reluctantly released the blonde. "What needs doing? Do you need a hand?"

 

"I have to talk to the caterers, make sure an oven hasn't blown up or something. I have to chat idly with the guests, make sure Yulia has set up her music decks, and pick up our children, before sitting down for the meal, which I have to try and enjoy without thinking too much about the stupid speech I'm supposed to give!" She frowned. "Maybe I should wait until after the meal to pick the twins up? There's gonna be long speeches and thank you's and gifts. What do you think?"

 

"I think you should wait. You know they'll only throw a tantrum." Faith smirked. "AJ will throw a tantrum and then Lukas will copy her."

 

"You're right," Buffy smiled. "Okay, I'll pick them up later. But I do want to check in with them, make sure everything's all right."

 

"Babe, if you go over there, you'll upset them when you try to leave. I did that this morning. Make a phone call instead."

 

"You're probably right. Okay, so, I'll head for the kitchen."

 

"In that case, I'll go and make sure the guests are happy," Faith offered. "Get their glasses topped up and make small talk."

 

Buffy kissed her girlfriend softly on the lips. "Thank you, baby. See you later."

 

"You keep saying that!"

 

Buffy hurried off before Faith could pull her in for another deep and meaningful kiss.


* * * *

 

Bellies full from cocktails, nibbles and the three-course meal the caterers had cooked up, the guests had sat through speeches, thank you's and gifts and then moved outside to witness the happy couple's first dance. The main party was being held outside as it was summer and the weather was gorgeous. First dance out of the way, the guests themselves were up and dancing or standing off to the sides of the dance floor area, enjoying the free flowing drinks.

 

Buffy was seated at a table with Giles and Angel, the two men opposite her engaged in joyful conversation. She was trying to pay attention to them, but she had an eye on Faith, whose dance card seemed to be filled by the single coven members and other guests who were flying solo.

 

"Where are the twins?" Angel asked, his question directed at Buffy. He waited for answer, but quickly saw she was distracted. "Buffy?"

 

"Hmm?" Her gaze found sorrowful brown eyes. "Sorry, Angel. What did you say?"

 

"I was just asking where the twins are."

 

"We've got a couple of the girls watching them. I checked in once we got back here, they're fine. I'm not sure the same can be said about the girls!"

 

"I'll look after them tonight if you'd like," the vampire offered. "Give you and Faith a night off."

 

"Oh, Angel, I don't know. They're a handful!"

 

"You've left two teenagers in charge of them. I'm sure I can handle it. You do remember how old I am, right?" Seeing the amused look she was giving him, he frowned. "I don't drink and I'm up all night anyway."

 

Knowing he had no idea what he was in for, Buffy smiled. "Thanks, Angel. That would be great."

 

He smiled. "I don't get over here too often. It'll be nice to spend some time with them."

 

Giles patted the vampire on the shoulder and smiled in amusement. "Good luck, old chap!"

 

Buffy got to her feet. "I think I'll go pick them up. Give Monica and Tania some time to enjoy the celebrations. Do you want to come with me, Angel? Seeing that you're so old and have so much experience." She winked at Giles, as he laughed and Angel scowled.

 

"Whatever happened to respecting your elders?" the vampire muttered.

 

Grinning at her new wife, Kennedy pulled Willow closer to her and inhaled the perfume she was wearing. "Have I told you how beautiful you are?"

 

"Ooh, only about three times!"

 

"Well, you are. This dress is stunning, you're stunning."

 

Willow smiled. "How many drinks have you had, baby?"

 

"Only a couple of glasses of champagne. I'm pacing myself, got the whole night ahead of us yet." She wiggled her eyebrows.

 

"You've been spending far too much time with Faith!" Willow laughed.

 

"How about... we get out of here?" Kennedy murmured, before nipping lightly the redhead's neck.

 

Willow smiled, knowing exactly why Kennedy wanted to leave. "Ooh, I'm liking the sound of that," she purred.

 

"Really?"

 

"Uh-huh," she nodded. "But we can't leave. The party has only just got started. We've got guests to mingle with, a cake to cut..."

 

"We'll just slip off for ten minutes, they won't even know we're missing," Kennedy said hopefully.

 

"That's how you want it to be on our wedding day? A sordid eight minute tryst?" Willow teased. "Rather than a night of soft, tender loving?"

 

"I said ten minutes."

 

"Yes, but two minutes will be taken up by getting to a quiet spot. Actually, six minutes, because there'll be fumbling with clothes!"

 

Kennedy pouted. "So that's a no then?"

 

Willow pulled her wife back to her, laughing lightly at how adorable she was. "I'd rather wait for tonight and give you my very best performance."

 

"All right, have it your way," Kennedy smirked. "How about cake?"

 

With Lukas on her hip, Buffy smiled and talked with numerous guests, while her shy son buried his face against her shoulder. He was the quieter of the twins, shy and always ready for a hug.

 

Spotting Faith approaching, Lukas reached out for her. "Uh! Uh!"

 

"Hello, baby boy," Faith cooed to the seven-month old, taking him from Buffy. "Doing the mingling thing with mummy, hmm?" Leaning in, she kissed Buffy hello. "Where's AJ?"

 

"With uncle Angel."

 

"Kenny just told me they wanna get the cake cutting done next," Faith told the blonde. "Once that's out of the way, the real partying can start apparently."

 

Buffy nodded. "Right. I better go and speak to Willow. See if she needs anything." Leaning in, she kissed her son's head. "Dance with me later?" she asked Faith.

 

"You bet."

 

"Here we go, ladies," Xander said as he returned to his table with a tray of drinks. "A Cosmopolitan for Angela, white wine for Madelyn," he grinned at his date. "A Bellini for Dawn, and a sensible beer for me and Ian," he handed Dawn's date a beer, then sat down.

 

"Sensible beer?" Angela asked.

 

"More sensible than a girly, fruity..." Seeing the Slayer lift an unimpressed eyebrow, he finished as positively as he could, "...yet tasty drink, which I may order for myself next time." He grinned and watched as the group laughed. "So, what are we talking about?"

 

"The wedding favours," Dawn told him. "It's a nice mix, seeds for those who want them and cameras for enjoying now."

 

Xander reached out for their camera. "Has anyone used this yet?" He aimed at the two women opposite. "Everyone scrunch in, I want to remember the beautiful women who got the pleasure of sitting at my table." In the middle of their protests, he snapped off a quick shot and laughed. "Perfect!"

 

"Xander!" Dawn complained indignantly. "You wait! I'm gonna get one of you dancing badly later!"

 

"Ladies and gentlemen," Yulia said into a microphone. "The newly-weds will be cutting the cake shortly, so if you could make your way back inside the main building, they'd be very grateful."

 

"Ooh, cake! I hope they settled on a nice one," Xander joked, getting to his feet.

 

"I think they opted for two in the end," Dawn told him, as she got up and took Ian's arm. "At least that's what Buffy told me."

 

After the cake cutting, Denis snapping photos of the couple feeding each other and of the surrounding guests clapping and cheering, Willow decided it was a good time to throw her bouquet. Once that was done, they could all go back outside and get on with enjoying themselves. With her back to the gathered group of female guests, Willow smiled as she launched the flowers over her shoulder and turned in time to see Sue and Andrew launching themselves at the tumbling bouquet. She couldn't decide who looked more determined.

 

Back outside, the music was loud, conversation flowing, everyone in the mood to celebrate. It was done. Willow and Kennedy were married and now all that was left to do was dance and drink and mingle with their friends and family, before slipping off for the airport.

 

"The flowers are amazing," Buffy agreed with the woman she was talking to. "Willow took an age on deciding exactly what she wanted." A tap on her shoulder drew her attention and she turned and smiled brightly as she set eyes on her girlfriend. "Had your fill of cavorting with the coven members?" she teased.

 

"I've escaped!" Faith joked. "Ask me to dance before they notice I'm free."

 

Laughing, Buffy took Faith's hand and led her onto the dance floor. Finally in Faith's arms, Buffy was happy and content.

 

They had spent the previous night apart because Willow had gone the traditional route of not wanting Kennedy to see her before the wedding, and needed Buffy to keep her grounded. And they'd been kept apart all morning as they'd seen to their respective duties as maid of honour and best woman. A few stolen moments after the ceremony, but then Buffy was busy chatting to guests and Faith was busy dancing with them. Now they had found their way into each other's arms and everyone else disappeared.

 

"Having fun?" Faith murmured close to Buffy's ear.

 

"I've had a marriage proposal from a drunk uncle, been slapped on the butt by Rona, had Sheila Rosenberg proclaim loudly that I've done well to lose the pregnancy weight, and have had to watch you dancing with all the single ladies. I can't tell you how much fun I'm having!"

 

Faith pressed a light kiss against Buffy's neck. "You know I'm not interested in anyone but you, baby. It's all different now, I'm with you and I wanna be with only you."

 

Smiling like the cat that got the cream, Buffy pulled Faith closer to her and savoured this moment. Eyes drifting, she spotted her sister in the arms of her date, looking tipsy but happy; the former potentials were engaged in a raucous drinking game, laughing and cheering loudly; Xander was smiling at his laughing date; and the happy newly-weds were chatting to some of their guests. Willow was glowing with happiness and it made Buffy happy to see. It made her happy that they were all happy.

 

Sighing happily, she rested her head on Faith's shoulder and closed her eyes. "Do you know what I realised?" she asked softly.

 

"What's that, babe?"

 

"We don't have a song."

 

Faith frowned, not understanding. "Do we need one?"

 

"I don't know. It's just... earlier, when Willow and Kennedy had their first dance, I realised we don't have a song."

 

"Neither do they. They had to write up a list and agree on one." Faith pulled back from Buffy slightly, looking into her eyes. "You... thinking about us maybe doing this?"

 

She wanted to say yes, wanted to confess to thinking about the perfect dress, flowers, ring sets. But she held back. It was all too soon and she didn't want to scare Faith. She smiled lovingly. "Maybe one day."

 

"Well, in that case, I'll start thinking about the perfect song," Faith grinned.

 

"Angel's looking after the twins tonight," Buffy mentioned, settling back into Faith's arms. "He wants some bonding time with them."

 

"He doesn't know what he's in for!" Faith chuckled.

 

"I know!" Buffy laughed. "I tried to talk him out of it, but he insisted."

 

"I guess we'll just have to make the most of the alone time then." Kissing Buffy below the ear, Faith grinned. "Can't wait to get you home now."

 

Smiling and blushing, Buffy wrapped her arms around Faith's neck and made sure she pressed in as close as she could. Her eyes were sparkling with mischief as they met brown briefly, only to drop to plump lips she loved kissing. "Oh, really? Any... particular reason?"

 

Faith licked her lips just to tease Buffy. "I know for a fact you look better out of this dress than in it," she answered huskily. "Got plans for you."

 

"You'll have to wait your turn," Buffy replied, just as huskily. "Because I..." she took Faith's ear lobe between her lips, suckling softly before nipping gently at the soft flesh, "...plan on sucking you dry," she finished, pulling back to see Faith's eyes widen, her mouth dropping open in surprise.

 

Capturing Buffy's lips, the two Slayers got lost in each other and forgot they weren't alone.

 

"Are they always this sappy?" Rona asked Vi, looking a little queasy at the public display of affection she was unfortunately witnessing.

 

"I've seen things that would horrify you!" Vi replied, a smile dancing along her lips.

 

Rona's nose scrunched up. "Eww! Don't ever tell me. If you're my friend, you'll never utter a word of it!"

 

"You got it, pal."

 

"Are you two done?" Buffy asked in amusement, her arms slipping down to around Faith's waist.

 

"Are you?" Rona questioned. She turned her attention to Faith. "Wanted to ask Faith to come have a drink with us."

 

"Just Faith?" Buffy teased. She wasn't drinking herself. Smiling at her girlfriend, she patted Faith's butt. "Go have fun, baby. I've got guests to check up on, the twins to watch, and other maid of honour duties to busy myself with."

 

"Love you," Faith declared, pressing a kiss to Buffy's forehead. "Save the last dance for me." She hurried off before her girlfriend could respond, taking great delight in teasing Rona.


* * * *

 

Reaching the front door, Buffy fumbled with her keys as Faith stepped in close behind her. "Faith..." she murmured softly, turning her head slightly so she could see her girlfriend.

 

"Mmm?" Her hands were on Buffy's hips, her crotch rubbing against Buffy's buttocks. She'd had a few drinks throughout the evening, then a few more with the former potentials, with Xander, even with a teary-eyed Andrew. Now she was in the mood for some loving.

 

"I really do love you, but if you don't stop distracting me, we're never gonna get inside." Key finally in, she twisted and shoved the door open wide. Turning to smile in triumph, Buffy squeaked in surprise as Faith lifted her with ease. She wrapped her legs around her girlfriend's waist, hearing her dress ripping as she did so.

 

They made it as far as the sofa, Buffy's back meeting the cushions, Faith settling on top of the blonde, lips locked, a hand free to explore the beautiful blonde's side. Her fingers trailed slowly down, past Buffy's hip, down her thigh, reaching the hem of the bridesmaids dress and naked skin that was hot to touch.

 

"Faith," Buffy sighed after breaking their kiss, her hips thrusting up as she sought the touch she needed. "I want you so bad."

 

Faith trailed her hand up Buffy's thigh, amazed as always at how soft and warm her girlfriend's skin was. Her fingers settled between Buffy's legs, slipping beneath the material of her underwear, eager fingertips stroking her sex, gathering vast amounts of hot desire.

 

"Uhh, Faith!" Buffy pulled the brunette's head to her, claiming her mouth. Her tongue swirled and explored Faith's mouth, as her hips thrust against moving fingers. She was quickly racing towards climax.

 

Since the arrival of their children their sex life had suffered and now that the twins were teething things weren't looking up. The couple were looking forward to when the twins finally slept through the night. Tonight though, the twins were with uncle Angel.

 

Buffy gasped as two fingers slid deep inside her depths, the touch making her more desperate to come. "Faith! Faith! Ohhh, Faith!" she panted, her girlfriend's name the only thing she could think of. She set up a quick rhythm, matching Faith's thrusting fingers, her breath catching in her chest, body tingling and flushing red as she raced towards the ultimate high. "FAITHHHH!" Her body arched off the sofa, eyes slammed tightly shut, all the built up tension suddenly released.

 

Waiting for Buffy to recover, Faith lay smirking, rather satisfied with herself. She leisurely licked Buffy's essence from her fingers one by one, delighting in the blonde's taste.

 

"Why are you looking so smug?" Buffy asked in a raw voice, one eye cracked open.

 

"Fairly sure you told me it was going to be you sucking me dry. Yet, here you lie, deeply satisfied by my fair hand."

 

Buffy rolled her eyes, even as she smiled. "Get up," she commanded, pushing at Faith's shoulders. "Get naked and meet me in the bedroom. We're nowhere near being done for the night."

 

Blinking, the words slowly sinking in, Faith sat up and tore the buttons from her blouse. Her head dropped forward as Buffy glided her hands up her belly to her breasts, hands cupping the full mounds and squeezing. "Damn, B, that... feels so good."

 

Buffy sat up and claimed Faith's lips, her tongue forcing its way into the brunette's mouth, wanting to let her know she was loved and wanted. Her tongue swirled and explored, then as quickly as it had appeared, it slipped away. She pulled back slightly and smirked. "Let's move this to the bedroom."

 

Faith was up and on her feet instantly, so ready for this. Having kids was great. Having a naked Buffy to fuck all night was better. Hurrying towards their bedroom, she wrestled to get her clothes off. "Get that dress off, B. Otherwise I'm tearing it off you!" she called back.

 

"You've already torn it," Buffy replied, getting up. Reaching the bedroom doorway, she laughed as she found the brunette already naked and spread out on their bed. "Keen much?" she asked, reaching behind herself to lower her zipper.

 

"You have no idea." Faith trailed her tongue across her lips as Buffy's dress dropped, pooling at her feet. "Fuck. Me."

 

"Eventually," Buffy teased. Hooking her fingers into the band of her underwear, she slowly lowered them, stepped out of them, then kicked them towards Faith. "You sure you're ready for this?" she asked, trailing her hands down her body.

 

Brown eyes followed Buffy's hands, mouth going dry. "So ready," she breathed.

 

Buffy padded over to the bed and moved to hover over Faith. "Better not keep you waiting then." She started kissing her way down the younger woman's body, lips brushing feather-light over hot skin, tongue tasting salty flesh, teeth nipping. She settled between Faith's spread legs and smiled smugly up at her lover.

 

Faith groaned, barely able to stand the anticipation, body burning up, aching for that delicate touch. "B, please!"

 

Lowering her head, tongue poised to sample the nectar that was Faith, Buffy hesitated and looked back up. "Do you think I should call Angel?"

 

"What?" Faith asked in confusion.

 

"Check that the twins are okay, that he's okay looking after them."

 

"No," Faith shook her head. "He's fine, the twins are fine, I'm not fine. I need attention, B. I need your attention, B."

 

Buffy smiled and focused on her task, lowering her head. She sat up. "Did you remember to pack the teething gel they like?"

 

"I wasn't here, B, you packed the bag," Faith groaned. "And you would have remembered 'cause you remember everything important, babe."

 

"But what if...?"

 

"If he needs help he'll call Monica or Tania. They were designated baby-sitters after all. Now would you please stop thinking and just... ohhh, yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" she moaned aloud, body arching up off the mattress as lips and tongue teased her swollen sex. Reaching down to cover the back of Buffy's head with her hand, Faith thrust against the blonde's mouth. "Yeah! That's it, baby! Right there, just like that!"

 

Buffy hummed in pleasure, tongue swirling before her lips captured the hard bundle of nerves that was Faith's clitoris. Two fingers slid deep inside molten heat, curling just the way Faith liked. "I want you to come," she demanded, hot breath breathed against Faith's most intimate place. "I want to see it, wanna feel it, and... I wanna taste it."

 

Body snapping taut, hovering on the precipice, Faith choked on her yell of delight as she shuddered in release. Spent, she collapsed back onto the bed, panting, eyes shut tight as she savoured the climatic end to their joining.

 

Smiling, Buffy happily lapped up every drop of spilt desire, then kissed her way up Faith's body, kissing her belly, her ribs, tongue teasing rigid nipples, lips tracing the soft skin of her neck. "True to my word, I sucked you dry," she murmured.

 

"Mmm, could get used to that. As well as the snuggling and waking up together."

 

Buffy smiled, even as her eyes started to droop shut. "I love you, Faith."

 

"Love you more."

 

Satisfied, loved, and very content, Buffy fell asleep without a care in the world. She had everything she had ever wanted, a lover who understood her life as a Slayer, children, a home, close friends and family. It didn't matter what was thrown at her next, she had everything she could possibly need to get through it and survive.


* * * *

 

Jethro strode into the house he was currently residing in, walking with purpose, ignoring all those who called out for his attention. When he had been alive, he had never known luxury like he knew now. The house he called home at the moment was large, with marble floors and high ceilings. In truth, it was less of a house and more of a mansion.

 

His whole life had been a struggle, barely getting by, barely surviving. He had been a pickpocket and not a very good one. Then he had died. Not his decision, but the best thing that had ever happened to him. He had been turned and ever since awakening, he had been under the wing of his sire. Ezekiel.

 

Knocking on a closed door, he entered as he was beckoned. He remained silent as he walked deep into the candle lit room, coming to a stop beside the taller man he wished to speak to.

 

"You were cutting it fine, weren't you, Jethro?" Ezekiel said in a chiding tone, his attention outside on the lightening sky. "The last thing I want is one of my very best going up in flames."

 

"I was hunting further away from the house than I thought."

 

"Nonsense," Ezekiel growled, knowing the minion was lying. "You went looking for... her."

 

Jethro ducked his head. "I'm sorry."

 

"No," Ezekiel said, releasing the blind and glancing at Jethro, studying him, seeking out whether he really was sorry or not. "Don't be sorry. You're eager to test yourself I think, and what better test than a Slayer." Moving away from the window, Ezekiel moved over to the desk that sat near the back wall and sat down. "Did you find her?"

 

"No. The streets were quiet." He moved over to the desk. "You will tell me when you think I'm ready to face the Chosen One."

 

Ezekiel studied the younger man, seeing something was on his mind. "You look... troubled. What troubles you, Jethro?"

 

Jethro took a breath he didn't need. "We're... trying to raise an army, aren't we, Ezekiel?" he asked, voice laced with respect for his elder. Ezekiel was his sire, his mentor, and he liked to think a friend.

 

Ezekiel nodded. "That's right."

 

"When are we... are you going to send them out into the night? They need to be tested before possibly facing the Slayer."

 

"That is the ultimate plan," Ezekiel confessed. "But I don't want them going out too soon. The Slayer is not to be underestimated." Plans formed, changed, evolved quickly in his mind. "We'll just have to start training them properly. Turn them into soldiers," he decided. He sat back in his chair, a thoughtful look on his face. "Groups attacking as one, learning to help each other fight, learning to work as one. We'll soon find out what they are made of, whether they are worthy of being a part of my grand plan."

 

"That sounds like a good idea, Ezekiel," Jethro grinned, anticipation bubbling inside of him.

 

Ezekiel met Jethro's eyes. "Get Perry to start organising them. He's a former soldier I believe, trained in hand-to-hand combat."

 

"The Slayer won't know what hit her!" Jethro nodded. "I'll meet with Perry right away."

 

"No," Ezekiel shook his head, blonde hair falling into his eyes. "Your date from last night awakened just before you returned. Teach her what she needs to know, make sure she is fed, then see to Perry. We have time, Jethro. All the time in the world. There's no need to rush into anything."

 

Nodding, Jethro turned and left the office, his face shifting to that of his demon, a grin curling his lips. The privilege of being allowed to turn someone had been a surprise, but he knew Ezekiel trusted him, believed in him, and he couldn't wait to help aide the growing army in any way he could.


The End.

 

 

 


Chapter Views: 1225




Please note: If you are using IE (particularly IE9) and having problems with the review form, try turning off text editor. Otherwise, try a different browser.