The Chosen Two Archive
A Buffy/Faith Fanfiction Community

The Chosen Two Archives

BROWSE BY:

Relationship [278]
Season [231]
Character
Genre

Archive Links:

Twitter
Awards
Tumblr
Links

Site Info

Members: 1535
Series: 20
Stories: 289
Chapters: 1550
Word count: 7908585
Authors: 58
Reviews: 2554
Reviewers: 156
Newest Member: Bablezmith
 

Search





Like Minds by SixteenThirty

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Picking up exactly where Find Me First left off, Like Minds is written from Buffy's and Shannon's point of view.

**I recommend reading Find Me First to start with for the full back-story, but if you really can't wait simply read the last chapter of Find Me First. Chapter 12: I guess she doesn't feel the same...**

Like Minds

 

All I know right now in this moment are Faith's eyes. Beautifully brown, mysteriously wonderful, soulful ovals staring back at me.

 

I'm so lost right now I don't even know my own name, what time it is or whose president.

 

I feel a delicious low down hum within my body and warmth. God, the warmth coming off our physical structures is so comfy I could lay here forever.

 

'Wherever ‘here' is?'

 

I want to stay wrapped up in this overpowering feeling. It's so safe, so totally and completely content. Don't even care if I have to start paying rent for the spot I've taken residence.

 

"I guess we should move this to a more formal setting?" Faith grins at me from above with those mischievous eyes of hers. "Maybe 'formal' is the wrong word. How about... 'traditional'?"

 

"A more traditional setting would be where exactly?" I respond not recognising my own voice. It's all raspy and a little broken. I guess I was in approval of our most recent antics here on her living room couch.

 

It's all coming back to me little by little. Where I am, what we've been doing, how much I love Faith and how much she's totally on team Buffy. The revelation makes me blush.

 

Winking, the brunette lifts me off her furniture. I'm snuggled tightly in her arms as she carries me out of the room, up the steps and down a darkened hallway.

 

It's at times like this I can't decide whether it's the Slayer in me I have to thank for my exceptional vision in the dark, or the amount carrots I religiously eat. Either way I'm thankful Faith is of the same advantage as she deftly manoeuvres around the corners past discarded weapons.

 

'I'm constantly telling her to use her spare room as a weapons cache, but does she listen?'

 

Faith kicks her bedroom door open and my brain checks in.

 

'Ah, that kind of traditional.'

 

My lean, mean, slaying machine places me down on her bed and moves around to the bay window. I watch as she closes the curtains and grabs a black vest and a pair of boi shorts.

 

"I'm gonna get supplies. Make yourself at home."

 

As she leaves I stretch my languid limbs in attempts to feel them again. I smile when I reach out to find my arms are a little longer than I remember.

 

To be on the safe side I go check in the full-length mirror on the opposite side of the bedroom. Embracing the fact I'm still very naked, I marvel at the possibility I'm also a little taller too.

 

'Who'd of thought sex with Faith would make me taller? I should've initiated this years ago.'

 

Suddenly an overwhelming need for the bathroom kicks in and I head across the carpeted hallway to take care of it. Once inside I feel a breeze too cold to be considered cool. I scout the area soon spotting Faith's red and black button down plaid shirt in close range, reaching over I slip it on.

 

It smells like the Bostonian. A fact which makes me smile like a million watt lightbulb. My body can't hide the evidence it feels so great being cocooned by Faith.

 

The loose fitting garment is such a 'girlfriend' type thing to wear, especially after sex. Just this and nothing else. Burying my face in the material and breathing deep for a moment, revelling in the cliché.

 

'I'm such a cliché. It's wicked obvious.'

 

Finishing up in the bathroom I mentally complement the decor and use of space. I've been in here many times before, but it's like I'm seeing everything for the first time.

 

On opening Faith's bedroom door I'm greeted with six tea lights burning away. Three gathered in triangular formations on each bedside table framing the double bed in-between.

 

There are a few scattered petals on the covers. I consider they might've come from the rose bush outside the kitchen window. I'm about to make a comment just as I recognise the soft guitars in the background. Music is gently filtering out of Faith's sound system.

 

'Oh my god, it's that Paramore track. The Only Exception.'

 

The soft candlelight illuminates in the darkness as I move in closer captivated by the scene in front of me. Padding slowly towards the double bed I drink in the atmosphere.

 

"Health and safety issues aside, I can be pretty fucking romantic when I wanna."

 

A deep raspy voice behind me stuns my progress. I turn to witness the hotness of Faith in her casual, but effective black ensemble. Her tussled lions mane and trademark grin are accompanied by a bottle of wine and two glasses in one hand.

 

"And you know how much I hate issues." Without a moments pause I open her wardrobe and locate a blue shoebox. Extracting a long train of clear L.E.D. fairy lights, I plug in before draping them over the headboard and nightstands. Blowing out the candles I switch on the cute lights. "Much better." The illumination is more than I expected, but not intrusive. I take a step back to observe my handy work, "What d'you think?"

 

"You look good enough to eat... again." Faith states all but drooling over how I wear her shirt. It covers all the major points of interest, barely. Seeing as I've unbuttoned the top few and the length is just shy of my ass, any big movement is due to give quite a show.

 

I blush.

 

"You are so cute..." The brunette states as she pushes off the wall and closes the door with her talented foot. "And sexy..." she stalks toward me and I feel tingles all over, "And classy..." I get lost in her hypnotic eyes, "And stubborn..."

 

"Hey..." I answer with a pouty rebuttal.

 

"And a princess..."

 

"Seriously? You're calling me names?"

 

"And self-absorbed..."

 

"You really know how to woo a girl, don't cha?"

 

"But most of all, I just hope you're hungry." The full time seasoned eater reveals a large bowl of strawberries and offers up the fruit.

 

I take a strawberry and delight in the taste before removing the bowl from her hand all together, "Smooth move, but high risk."

 

"I knew you wouldn't punch me and leave, seeing as I've got your panties n'all." Turning slightly I see them tucked into the back of her boi shorts.

 

I pluck my panties from Faith's waistband and put them on as she pours wine into our glasses.

 

'Don't wanna put all my hidden treasures on display.'

 

+++

 

Ariel and I arrive back at the school after an impromptu patrol stemming from the fun and games at the carnival. I've had so much adrenaline surging through my system since the surprise tandem staking behind the bumper cars. I knew we had to keep ourselves busy for the past few hours to make sure we burn it off somehow.

 

Well, that and the fact I really needed to keep my hands busy. I keep thinking if I maintain my modesty I won't scare Ariel away or make myself look like a huge slut.

 

Stupid slaying with its stupid libido injections. Forget Viagra, just find a vampire.'

 

I know my date won't think of me like that, but I don't want to give a false representation of myself.

 

'I like her way too much.'

 

We walk alongside each other down the brightly lit hallway of the school dormitory, her protective arm slung casually around my shoulders. With most of the other girls still out or gone home for the holidays, it's mostly quiet on this floor.

 

"Shan, you wailed on those vamps hard-core tonight! You've really stepped up your game since surviving The Abyss." Ariel smiles at me noticing how much progress I've made with my combat skills.

 

"You think?" I timidly ask.

 

"For sure."

 

"I have you to thank for that, y'know."

 

"You're shitting me. No way?"

 

"Way. Elle, you totally help push me harder in class and when we go out I kinda study you." I blush as I admit to watching her.

 

But you would too if you had the chance. She is poetry in motion. With so much power and precision, she's a sight to behold in all her Slayer glory.

 

She's smirking at me with pride, but also a hint of confusion, "You study me?"

 

"Well yeah. We're told to learn from one another." I reason without sounding too infatuated. "Mr Giles told me that very same thing again last week. So it must be important."

 

"Cool. I watch you too, sometimes. You've got crazy balance, Shan. That one time you were up on a tree branch, totally Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon shit. So Awesome."

 

'She watches me too? I think I might die and go to heaven happy.'

 

We chuckle and reminisce a little until we arrive at my dorm. Ariel's arm slips from my shoulders, but not before tracing a smooth path along my spine. I stand with my back to the door hoping I won't say anything stupid in the next crucial moments.

 

'This is it. The end of the official first date. Will she kiss me?'

 

"It's been a weird kinda day, huh." I say unable to stop my mouth from filing the potentially awkward moment we could have.

 

Ariel chuckles, "Yeah, kinda sorta has."

 

"With the end of semester and everything."

 

"Peeps going home for the holidays."

 

"No classes for a week."

 

"Nothing but time on our hands. Idle hands touching stuff." I catch the sparkle in her eyes before she masks it by looking away from me. I can tell she's trying to keep herself set to a low simmer. "Y'know, like our books and stuff."

 

When she looks up again and my heart swells. She's effortlessly sexy, one glance has me hooked. Those Slayer Tingles erupt between us and I just know she feels it too. Her left eyebrow rises and falls when she's nervous, just like its doing now.

 

Earlier this evening a few surprise vampires near the stream cornered us. I was caught off guard, but stood firm with Ariel beside me. Her left eyebrow was jumping, but the moment she locked eyes with me it stopped and she was ready to fight.

 

We fought victorious side by side. I know she's always got my back.

 

I feel so safe with you around.'

 

"I had a really great time tonight, Elle." I state with a shy smile encouraging her to not feel so nervous or restricted.

 

"Ditto." Ariel looks down to the extra large overstuffed pig she won for me at the coconut shy.

 

A broad smile blossoms as I softly remember the competition it turned into between Faith and her. They must have destroyed at least thirty of the carnie's coconuts. Before I know it I'm going off topic distracted at the memory of my confident, carefree girlfriend.

 

'Slayer strength, eh. Can't take 'em anywhere.'

 

"I can't believe you and Faith tonight. Going at it like a couple of guys."

 

"I had to win you something. What kinda shit date would that make me if I didn't? Plus, you know me and Faith have that competitive streak in us."

 

"True. It's a very comical streak. Ms. Summers and I laughed quite a bit." I privately note how we're so easily back to being comfortable with each other once again.

 

"Ah, but whose laughing now. I won you your toy.”

 

"Yes and Ms. Summers got hers, so I guess we're all lucky winners."

 

"No luck, Shan. All skill."

 

We both laugh at the memory of smashed coconuts and two very competitive Slayers arm wrestling.

 

"I don't want this night to end." I state gravitating closer with my voice suddenly small, but determined.

 

"I know what you mean."

 

'Can't she tell I think she's amazing? Don't I scream 'I want you to kiss me'?'

 

Moving the stuffed toy out of the way I close the gap and kiss Ariel. I can tell she's holding back, not wanting to make any assumptions and get it wrong.

 

I admire her for being so considerate and patient with me. She has really allowed me to get comfortable with the fact that I'm having my first relationship with girl. Never pushes me into displays of affection, holding hands in public or making out, but here we are and I'm initiating it. I want it.

 

Taking my time with this, my soft tender lips caress hers with an emotion I daren't say aloud. Ariel relaxes and soon responds to my attentions in kind.

 

'That's more like it.'

 

Tenderness, however, quickly gives way to a passion we've never verbally expressed to each other before. The truth is quickly revealed as our tongues battle for dominance. Cuddly stuffed pig long forgotten as I wrap my arms around Ariel and lose my hands within her dark black locks and fiery red tips.

 

Strong secure arms embrace me as we teeter on the spot. Its not long before Ariel has me pinned up against my door, her body flush against mine. The sudden motion forces out a moan I've been keeping hidden. Her hands appear on my hips after a moment cradling me close, but soon I feel Ariel retreat from the intensity of passion back to the tender loving kisses we started with.

 

Our moment is over alas when she releases my lips and my hips. We gaze into each other's eyes for longer than we should.

 

"I guess we'll hook up tomorrow? You can help me bone up on my Spiritual Yoga." Taking a respectful step back Ariel makes her comment trying to act all casual, but I can see there's more happening behind her eyes... in her heart.

 

We're both rooted to the spot gazing deeply into opposite irises when something inside me clicks.

 

"Elle, I said I don't want this night to end." Shoving the pig into her possession I grab her free hand before unlocking my door and leading us inside.

 

+++

 

"What are you looking for up there, a ceiling mirror to watch my ass?" Faith smirks broadly.

 

"Nothing of the sort you ego maniac." I sit upright with my back against the headboard and legs stretched out along the length of the comforter. "Anyway, why are you kneeling beside the bed? I'm not gonna bite, y'know."

 

"Just saying my prayers, B. Got a lot to be grateful for."

 

I laugh at Faith who seems to like her spot next to the bed. Plucking a strawberry from the bowl resting in my lap she winks at me before promptly eating it.

 

"Could do with a little cream." She mumbles.

 

"You didn't bring it with you when you got the wine and everything else?"

 

The brunette shrugs at me, "Didn't have enough hands."

 

I watch her ease as she stretches over for another strawberry.

 

"So, what are you looking for up there, B?"

 

"When was the last time you painted your ceiling?"

 

"A couple of weeks ago. Why?"

 

"It looks really clean."

 

"Seriously?"

 

I shrug feeling like a freak with my cleanliness observations. "Yeah..."

 

"You are too cute." The Bostonian leans forward and kisses my thigh.

 

The gesture sends a shiver through me, "I'm amazed that you can paint your ceilings every month, but you can't clear your weapons after an entire year."

 

"Not that again."

 

"I'm just saying, you've got that spare room you never use. It's weird, Faith." Glancing down at my lover I notice she's ignoring me. This isn't unusual, but what she's doing instead off listening to me is very distracting.

 

Faith is currently using a fresh strawberry from the bowl to draw lazy patterns against my thigh. Swirling the fruit higher up my toned muscle she moves the bowl off my lap completely.

 

"Faith?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"Nothing. I'm listening." She states, clearly not as she moves to take her place on the bed between my legs. Kissing along the strawberry trail she's started has my inner thighs burning with anticipation.

 

I have no choice but to watch the fruit make its way up to my belly button, where it now sits as the diligent brunette lifts the plaid shirt slightly and guides my panties down my legs then into the waistband of her boi shorts.

 

Without a moments pause, Faith trails the large red fruit with it's little green hat lower towards my intimate cluster of nerves. I squirm against the comforter knowing what she might do next. I'm not disappointed when I close my eyes to feel the strawberry drift over my folds followed by Faith's tongue.

 

Gripping the material beneath me I writhe as she proceeds to enter me with her chosen object. After several minutes of glorious teasing I open my eyes and absorb the look of sheer lust in her eyes.

 

Faith inches closer placing the whole strawberry back on its new belly button holster, before entering me deeply with her fingers. Striking up an intense rhythm accompanied by her hot mouth sucking and licking where I need her the most, its no wonder I'm calling out her name and scratching my nails up her back.

 

Oh God, that's making her suck harder.'

 

No longer does she have to wait, however, because the corkscrew action she's doing is hitting my g-spot repeatedly unmercifully.

 

"Faith, I'm gonna... I'm... ohhhh!"

 

Scraping her teeth over my stimulated nerve endings has me bursting through my orgasm and trembling beneath her. In my haze I begin to make out shapes and colours once again. Faith smirks as she lifts the strawberry from its holster and scoops up my juices with it before placing the whole thing in her mouth.

 

"Damn, B. Your cream is so much better."

 

I pant attempting to catch my breath, "You went through all that just so you didn't have to go back downstairs, didn't you?"

 

"Are you complaining?"

 

I grin completely satisfied and still vibrating with pleasure. Tugging Faith roughly by her vest I pull her up to me and kiss her hard.

 

"I'll take that as a no then."

 

+++

 

Ariel closes my door behind her as we enter my room. It's funny, but now that we're inside all my determination to keep her with me turns into blind panic.

 

I know I want to be with her, but I'm so inexperienced this might end really badly.'

 

My date gently squeezes my hand. Her eyes are soft and inviting as she caresses my fingers with her thumb, "Shan, are you alright?"

 

"I-I'm fine."

 

"We don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with."

 

Can she read my mind?'

 

"We can just hangout, talk, listen to music or anything else. No pressure." Ariel smiles at me and I melt, "Well maybe not the music part. You're taste isn't really my cup of tea."

 

"Huh?" I scrunch my eyebrows confused by her comment.

 

"C'mon, you know how musicals get on my last nerve." She chuckles and it makes her eyes sparkle. I can't resist that. "Shits way too cheery for my liking. I mean seriously, why would you sing bout every little detail of whatever task you could be doing?"

 

"Hey, insulting my taste in music isn't going to get you into my panties." And just like that I'm fine again, really fine. Easily talking about random stuff to put me at ease.

 

"I guess not, but it still has to be said, Shan."

 

"Elle, just for that we're going to listen to my Broadway hits compilation cd." I leave my dark haired beauty standing alone while I go to my cd collection to find the music of torture and pop it into the stereo system.

 

As the drums rumble and trumpets introduce the intro to West Side Story I turn to see Ariel placing my cuddly toy on the couch facing the television. She looks around for a moment before spotting my headphones on my desk. Reaching over she grabs them and snaps them onto the pig's ears. "Save yourself, Piggles!"

 

"Really?"

 

"Hey, at least one of us has to look after the welfare of our piglet."

 

"Our piglet?" I question with an amused smile on my lips.

 

She's never referred to anything as ours before.'

 

"Your piglet."

 

"No. I like Piggles being ‘Ours'."

 

We share a moment briefly that makes me want to do a wacky happy dance, but I stop myself from looking like a complete fool in front of my date.

 

"Hang on? How come you have a 42'' flat screen TV in here, PlayStation video game console, Dolby sound system and a cappuccino maker in your room? We've only got two desks?" Ariel observes after a while.

 

Shrugging off my jacket I look around at the extra stuff in the room, "That would be my roommate, Tiffany. She brought all that with her when she moved in, said she couldn't live a primitive life."

 

"No one else has any of that stuff in their rooms, aside from the refrigerator." Ariel comments light-heartedly as she takes off her jacket and drapes it on our piglet's non-shoulders. "I guess that's what money gets you. A first class ticket with perks."

 

"I'm sure she'd let you use it once in a while. I know the school has a communal games room. Not everyone has stuff like this and its good to all socialise together downstairs. I prefer that." Feeling quite guilty we have these luxuries in the dorm I shy away from that side of the room and sit on my bed.

 

"I guess. Where is Tiffany anyhow?"

 

"She's gone back home to Paris for the holidays."

 

"And left you alone to study?! What a bitch!" Ariel chuckles, amused by her own sense of humour.

 

"It's not like that and you know it." I smile, "It's her family time and I really wouldn't want to intrude. We're not really friends like that yet."

 

"Yet... I see you're trying to work your magic." She smiles making her way over to me. Flipping off her shoes she gets on my bed behind me, resting her back against the headboard.

 

Taking my shoes off I motion to sit next to Ariel as we continue to banter about Tiffany and her obvious wealth and high pedigree. We both like her and I find out during this interesting conversation that Ariel has defended her on occasion to other girls in the school.

 

I guess she isn't everyone's favourite person. Which is a shame because she is genuinely a lovely girl.'

 

It's not long when I realise Ariel's got her arm around me and I'm snuggling comfortably into her right side as we talk. The music filling the room in the background is now from Les Misérables and I can see my date getting into the raw passionate battle cry of it.

 

Oh, and can just say how dreamy Elle is... defending Tiffany and being so open and cool with everyone and everything...'

 

+++

 

"Ok, you have to stop that." I say gently pushing Faith's hand away from my thigh.

 

"Why, B? I thought you liked it."

 

"I do. That's the problem." Managing to stop my lover's wandering hands has been a real effort for the past hour. It's as if I'm her new favourite thing and she's fascinated by how I work and what makes me make those non serious-in-charge-Slayer inappropriate noises.

 

Don't get me wrong. I love it, but I want to get to know Faith a little better and not purely in the biblical sense.

 

The brunette kisses me with a deeply sensual embrace before releasing my body and sitting up next to me on her bed, "Ok." Pouring the last measures of wine into our glasses she hands mine to me and we share a toast. "To Us."

 

"To Us." I shyly smile as our eyes lock.

 

"So spill it, Blondie. What do you want to know?"

 

Can she read my mind?'

Faith smiles after swallowing her sip, "I know you, B. You want us to do that sharing thing."

 

"I what now?"

 

"Don't gimmie that. It's me remember."

 

Busted.'

 

I swallow the liquid in my mouth before cradling the wine glass to my chest knowing that there are a few things I want clarified by the woman whose shirt I'm loosely wearing and who has stolen my underwear again, "I guess we might have things to, y'know... talk about."

 

"Like?" She smiles showing me her dangerous dimples.

 

"Like, why you keep stealing my panties?"

 

"Because I like easy access, B." She chuckles again and it's way too contagious for me to not do it too. She tenderly returns my undergarment to where they should be on my person and I thank her with a chaste kiss on the lips. "But that's not what you really wanted to ask though, was it?"

 

"I-I... Are you sure about this? About Us?" I'm so frightened of the answer I stumble over the question.

 

"Honestly?"

 

I nod, "Please."

 

"I'm terrified, B. I don't want to screw it all up and lose you."

 

"You too, huh?"

 

"All I've ever been good for is a roll in the sack and killing people. Which on hindsight isn't the best subject to bring up now." I see Faith's brow furrow so I trace my index finger over the new lines appearing. "I want you as my girlfriend, partner, whatever. I want to be with you more than anything... and stay with you more than that."

 

"Me too." Seeing her worry lines decrease I smile, "I don't know about what the others will think, but I know I want you too. I need you."

 

"I can't believe it's taken us so long to get to this point."

 

"I know what you mean." My mind flashes through all our successful interactions that brought us together and fateful altercations that forced us apart.

 

"But I guess there is hope for the next generation." Faith smirks before taking another sip of wine.

 

My mind recollects the conversation I had with Shannon earlier this evening. How excited she was to be going on her official first date with Ariel, "I think they're doing much better than we did back then." I remember the very get-a-roominess of their post-slayage at the carnival.

 

"Some even have a few moves tucked away." The Bostonian grins before stretching over me, reaching for the strawberry bowl.

 

"What do you know?"

 

"C'mon, B. Don't tell me you haven't seen the way Shan and Ariel are together?" She asks before offering me a strawberry. As I move my hand to receive it Faith shakes her head, "Open up."

 

Oh my God... she's going to feed me the strawberries! Yes, I'm in love.'

 

Faith continues, "I noticed Ace jonesing way back when Shan started at the school. We're very alike. The signs were the same."

 

"Homicidal tendencies?" I comment with a cheeky grin whilst chewing.

 

Faith smiles at me knowing my jibes aren't coming from a bad place, "Acting up in class, playing the prankster and generally trying to get her attention without all out saying it."

 

"Ah, those signs."

 

"Combined with them never being able to look each other in the eye for more than a millisecond without it getting intense." Faith places a strawberry in her mouth and offers that to me. I lean closer, biting the fruit in half we both finish what's in our mouths then kiss for a long moment.

 

"I had to say something to the kid out in Prague, though. Ace was so obviously pining for Shan that her head wasn't in the game. Sure she could fool the others, but it wasn't getting past me."

 

"So what did you say?"

 

"The usual shit. How we need to keep focus during missions and stuff."

 

"Very diplomatic."

 

"You know that's the official party line, B. Anyhow, later that evening I took her out and I basically told her to follow her heart, but wait for the sign."

 

I scrunch my nose a little confused by what sign Ariel was supposed to wait for, "What sign?"

 

"The giant neon motherfucker that says, ‘She wants you to fucking kiss her!' You know the one." Faith feeds me another strawberry like the last and I take my time enjoying the soft plump curves of her lips. "I told her a story of a time when I misread the signs and forced the issue and it all backfired big time."

 

A flash of guilt and shame for my behaviour back then unexpectedly surfaces and I feel my cheeks flush, "I'm sure you inserted all the colourful details."

 

"Kept it vague, like a blurry watercolour. We're their teachers, mentors, not their personal GPS. They need to figure out how to get to where they're going on their own."

 

I love seeing this side of Faith. It's so mature, so nurturing, so hot.'

 

Finishing her wine, she places the empty glass on her bedside cabinet. I scoot a little closer snuggling into her right side. "That's good advice. Shannon and I had a similar conversation. She was battling with Slayer Tingles, y'know not knowing if it was normal to feel one Slayer more than the others or if she was just missing her boyfriend. I told her to take a break from everything and decide on her own terms."

 

A deep chuckle reverberates through Faith's chest, "Ah, boyfriend issues. I remember them. Good job you had a point of reference."

 

I down the rest of my wine and place the glass on the other bedside cabinet. "Mmm, I have an even better point of reference now." I take a moment to simply regard Faith. Drinking everything in from her eyes to her lips.

 

Ok so that's not really drinking everything in, but those eyes are telling me so much and hiding even more that they demand my full attention. I say they're hiding, but they're saying more now than they ever have before.

 

"I guess we must've done some things right along the way." She states out to the room, but it drifts in the atmosphere as if it were a rhetorical statement, if you can get rhetorical statements.

 

Soon she's back with me, looking into my eyes and studying me. She's doing a better job of taking in every detail of my face, my hair, my ears, my chin, my lips and so on.

 

"Faith?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I want you to fucking kiss me."

 

Dutifully she leans in close and kisses me softly. Holding me in her arms I feel her strong heartbeat. There's a balance about this embrace that I've never experienced before, with so much care being given to how she's holding me and the tender touches of her lips on mine.

 

My hands disappear into her mane of dark locks, massaging the base of her neck as she rubs all the tension out of my lower back. As is customary with Faith, one of her hands finds my ass on more than one occasion and gives it a good squeeze in appreciation.

 

"Nice ass, B."

 

"Nice tongue, F."

 

We continue to simply make out for what feels like hours and I can't get enough. I feel like we've got all the time in the world and this is just the beginning.

 

I'm making out with Faith. On her bed. I feel seventeen again.'

 

+++

 

I'm seventeen, a Slayer, living in another country thousands of miles away from home, on my first official date with girl, listening to show tunes and snuggling up on my bed.

 

This is not going the way Mom would've expected, I don't think.'

 

"Alright, maybe I haven't given musicals a fair chance." Ariel admits with a pained smile on her face. She really looks like she can't understand the words that just left her mouth.

 

"Looks like you're have trouble dealing with that little revelation." I tease.

 

"You would too if you weren't originally a fan of this stuff. I hate you." She playfully huffs.

 

"Me? What have I done?"

 

"You've made me like this shit slightly more than I did before. We're talking three, five per cent at a push." Ariel grimaces as she strokes her fingers through her hair.

 

"Only five per cent?" I question the tough, streetwise eighteen year old on my bed. "I bet you like it more than you're letting on. I can prove it too."

 

"Is that right? What you got up those sleeves of yours, a drinking game?"

 

Shaking my head I look over at Ariel, "We're too young to be drinking. Plus, we don't have any alcohol in the room."

 

"Seriously? You don't drink?"

 

"I've had one or two at dinner with my parents, but its illegal in the States remember. I'm not twenty one yet."

 

"We're in jolly old England now, eighteen is the legal age. I must sound like such a bad influence." Ariel comically grimaces, "When's your birthday again?"

 

I smile knowing we're going to get ourselves in a lot of trouble, "Next month." I can practically see her making a mental note. "You're already planning the celebration?"

 

"Oh yeah, and I'm thinking body shots." Ariel's off in her own little world with the sexiest grin on her face. A part of me is desperate to know what she's got in store.

 

"So anyway, I bet you can name more musicals than you think you can."

 

She stops thinking about whatever it is she's plotting and turns to me, "Ok, but I have an idea. I'll name more than just musicals if I can, if you name action movies, deal?" I nod and watch as she switches to lying on her back on my bed.

 

"You getting comfy down there?"

 

"Hell yeah, care to join me?"

 

Her offer is too good to refuse so I slink further down the bed and stretch out.

"Ok, the game will be our Action / Broadway drinking game." She notices I'm about to say something, but continues, "I know what you're going to say, and I know. No drinks. We can replace them with... kisses?"

 

I can't help the smile that appears on my face, "Ok." My eyes wander over Ariel as she stares up at the ceiling for inspiration. She looks so relaxed and at home lying next to me in her blue short sleeve button down shirt over a black vest and tight black jeans.

 

"Let's do it A to Z style. I'll go first... Annie."

 

My mind races through all the action movies I've ever seen in my life, then all the action movies I've ever heard of in my life, "Aliens."

 

"Blood Brothers? Yeah, I think that's a musical or Broadway thing."

 

"Bad Boys. Martin Lawrence was pure comedy in that movie."

 

"Chicago." Ariel smirks at me, "Catherine Zeta Jones..."

 

"You're such a guy sometimes." I think for a moment, "What's the one with Nicolas Cage with the long hair? Con Air, right?"

 

"Wow yeah that's right. How did you get that one?"

 

"My ex had it in his DVD collection." Suddenly feeling awkward I turn to lie on my back. Sensing the bed move and my hand being taken in a gentle grasp I gaze across to see Ariel kissing my knuckles.

 

Her eyes are soft, almost as if telling me things never need to be awkward between us, "I can't think of anything for D."

 

"Dogma." I state as I rest on my side facing my date. She leans in and kisses my shoulder over my cream long sleeve cashmere knit. "Seriously, you could've had Evita. One of the most famous Broadway shows ever."

 

"I'm not that knowledgeable. You knew this about me going in." The action movie fan smiles at me. It's then I notice her attention is on me, like she's studying everything about me. "Dogma? Really?"

 

"Yeah, don't you remember how violent that movie is? Fine, what about Desperado, my Mom has a thing for Antonio Banderas." I offer instead, momentarily side tracked by soulful eyes tracing each curve of my face.

 

"Its your turn, Shan."

 

"Hmm, oh... " My mind goes blank and I can't think of any movie beginning with E. Scooting closer I rub my nose against Ariel's giving her an Eskimo kiss. Lingering slightly longer than I should, I only lean back when I feel my legs making contact with hers.

 

"Now you could've had Enter the Dragon."

 

"Bruce Lee?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Shit."

 

Ariel leans back for a while thinking about her next answer, but soon growls in frustration, "Fuck. I suck at this." After what feels like an eternity she gives in and ponders where she's going to kiss me next. Deciding on my pulse point she places a hand on my waist before going for it.

 

My free hand appears at the base of her neck before I'm even aware where it's gone. Gently massaging the base of her neck I allow her to kiss and lightly suck my skin. "Fifth Element." I breathe out remembering how increasingly turned on I was slaying with Ariel.

 

"Gigi." She states meeting my gaze once again facing me on the bed. I feel her thumb on my waist slip under my knit stroking exposed skin.

 

I see the hazy glamour of restrained lust in her eyes and it makes me want her more. Pushing her onto her back I straddle her knowing she'll let me do whatever I want, "Gladiator."

 

Rubbing her hands over my khaki covered thighs, she grins up at me. "Hairspray."

 

"Hancock." My hands lightly rest on firm abdominal muscles beneath me as I pause for a second, "For someone who's only five per cent interested, you know an awful lot of musicals, Elle."

 

"Shan, you never told me you were into action movies." Ariel sits up with me in her lap and gives me a quick kiss on my chest. "I think I'm going to love getting to know you better."

 

"Ditto." I reply before leaning in and kissing her deeply. It quickly turns sensual when I feel her hands slide up from my thighs, past my ass and up my back. "By the way, I don't have anything for I."

 

The cocky fighter smirks, "Me either... or J for that matter."

 

The next thing I experience are soft lips on my neckline slowly making they're way up, via a lengthy detour of my pulse point, to my jawline. I'm blindsided by a moan that escapes from my lips.

 

To cover it I say, "J-Jaws." but I know she heard it. "Screw it." Throwing caution to the wind I push Ariel back down and start undoing the buttons on her shirt.

 

Chuckling she watches my hands while propping herself up on her elbows, "You want something?"

 

"Looks that way." I smirk.

 

"We don't have to do that, Shan."

 

"God, stop being so restrained. Its pretty obvious how much I want to do this and way obvious you're gonna pop without it." After opening all her buttons I slip my hands underneath the bottom hem of her vest, "I know you're protective and want me to be completely comfortable before we do anything, but I already am."

 

"You say that, but who knows. We could get into it and you might feel pressure to keep going when you really just wanna stop."

 

"Enough. I get it, really I do... but you've got to understand, I've been having fantasies of us together for weeks and I want you to be you and stop holding back because you don't think I'm ready for a relationship with you."

 

Ariel nods knowing she's been holding back with me. Probably a little more than she should. "I just didn't want to scare you off, baby."

 

See things like that. She's never called me ‘baby' before tonight. I like it.'

"When you pinned me up against the truck at the carnival or before at my dorm room door. I liked that, but you were so quick to back away and end the kiss. I had to kiss you tonight, when I know you wanted to jump my bones first when we got back here." I watch the emotions dance across Ariel's face as she sits up, again balancing me on her lap.

 

"Maybe I was protecting myself from falling too hard for you too quickly." Fixing her gaze on my sheets she looks away from me, "I guess being Slayers we shouldn't hold back on things like that."

 

"Things like what?" I question with a smile knowing exactly what she's not saying. Understanding it perfectly as it's the same thing I'm thinking. Feeling.

 

Her deep brown eyes lock onto mine once again as we drift closer, "Kiss Me, Kate."

 

I kiss Ariel with soft tentative touches and she takes the lead after that. She holds me securely in her arms as our lips mesh together with silent promises.

 

Something soon ignites between us and our kisses become fevered as if desire, passion and lust begin to take over. I feel her hands descend to my hips as my arms wrap around her neck.

 

Just like in my fantasies.'

 

Grinding up into me I feel Ariel's pelvis rock and my entire body reacts to it, matching her rhythm with my own. Something about the way her denim is rubbing against my khaki clad intimacy sparks a burst of nerve endings I've never felt before.

 

There's no holding back now for either of us. Her lips travel to my neck like she did moments ago, but now it feels more erotic as I'm rocking myself against her. I have no idea if this is what I'm supposed to be doing, but it feels so good.

 

The tension is building again and my eyes slam shut. Grabbing Ariel by her hair she responds by kissing me deep and hard. Her hips do this thing I can't describe and I'm literally having an orgasm.

 

Panting hard as I ride out the satisfied and throbbing sensation, I rest my forehead against hers and whisper with a smile on my face, "Kick Ass."

 

"Think you're ready to see me naked?"

 

I blush.

 

"I know I'm irresistible with clothes on and shit, but you're not going to be able to help yourself when I take them off."

 

"You're so full of it." I manage to wheeze out with a rapidly drying mouth. "But yeah, let's go all the way."

 

My slayer rolls us both over and effortlessly slips us inside my bed, "On one condition."

 

"Shoot." I reply as I unbuckle her belt, pop the button and free the zip on her denim. Lifting my arms I allow her experience to take over as she removes my cashmere knit. I knew she would know what to do and when to do it. She's the only one I'd surrender to. "What's your one condition?"

 

"You don't sing while we do it."

 

"The thought hadn't crossed my mind." I smile when Ariel finishes undressing me under my covers. It's not long after that I have her clothes in a heap next to mine. Leaning in to kiss her I revel in the feeling of our hot flesh pressing perfectly against one another. r32;r32;"Ok Shan, stop humming."

 

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!'

 

+++

 

I'm not a selfish lover, although it would be an easy assumption to make. I know I do like to be tended to.

 

But doesn't everyone now and again?'

 

I guess with Faith something just makes me want to rip her clothes off every time I see her. On the other hand, this is Faith. Believe it to or not I do get intimidated by her sometimes. Especially when it comes to sex.

 

Trailing my hand down Faith's chest while we continue to kiss, I can't help but explore her curves. Everything from her firm supple breasts to her washboard abs is perfect.

 

True I do get a little jealous of her figure from time to time, but then I catch the brunette checking me out and it makes me feel one hundred times better about my own physique.

 

Soon my hand is slipping into the front of her panties. As if on cue the overtly sexual Bostonian moves her leg to grant me better access. Evidently I find she's as turned on by the make out session as I am. Coating my index finger in her arousal I play with her folds.

 

Faith smiles into my lips before stifling a moan. I take that as a good sign and continue to work her slowly. After more moaning I hear something unmistakeable from my lover's lips, "Please."

 

Slipping inside her with two fingers she sharply inhales, "Oh God, you're the devil."

 

"Me?" Setting a slow rhythm with my digits I all but stop my hand from moving, "What did I do?"

 

"You're a tease, B."

 

"I'm not a tease. Am I or am I not giving you what you want... need?"

 

Faith opens her eyes and looks down at my hand inside her underwear, "Technically, yeah."

 

"So what's you're problem?" I'm so pleased with the fact I'm dominating Faith a grin actually springs across my lips. Happy in the knowledge she's putty in my hand I work my fingers deeper, but still at a controlled pace.

 

"You're going to fucking kill me. Just fuck me already!”

 

"Don't you like this?" I ask with a mock hurt tone to my voice.

 

"You're loving this, aren't you?" Fighting back moments of pleasure and frustration Faith focuses on me with those chocolate eyes of hers, "The day you finally have me at your mercy."

 

"I can stop. Really its no trouble..." I fake like I'm about to get off the bed when my lover's arm grabs me by my waist preventing me from going anywhere. "I thought as much. Now let me carry on here. It'll be better for you, I promise."

 

"Can I get a happy ending?" She asks wiggling her eyebrows.

 

"Not if you keep complaining. Its enough to give a girl a complex." I grin again knowing Faith wasn't expecting me to be like this in the bedroom.

 

Placing my thigh behind my hand I push into her pelvis harder. Earning me the sexiest string of expletives I've ever heard in my life. Using my other hand I yank Faith's black vest up exposing her right nipple. Clamping down on it with my lips I swirl my tongue around its tip as I pull back with the hand in her panties.

 

Now my bed-mate has her hands on my hips and is trying to move this along. I completely stop what I'm doing until she gets the message. Faith huffs and pouts at me.

 

I'm in charge. I know you want me to give it to you hard and fast and I will... just not yet.'

 

After forty minutes of torture for the tough Slayer I rear up releasing both well attended to breasts. Situating myself snuggly against Faith's intimate area I thumb her nub while riding my fingers hard, deeply penetrating her g-spot each time I push in.

 

My hips become a blur until the Bostonian screams out my name at the top of her lungs at the peak of her orgasm. Completely spent she flops with her back to her bed.

 

"I knew you'd be a handful." She rasps out with her voice all husky.

 

"If it wasn't good I can always go back to Richa-"

 

Before I can even finish the sentence Faith pulls me down to rest on her chest with what little strength she has left, "You better fucking not."

 

"I guess I could hang around until someone better comes along." I laugh a little.

 

"Don't even fucking joke about that, B." Faith says and something in her eyes makes me stop laughing. She becomes quiet and just strokes my hair.

 

"What just happened?" I ask concerned that a ghostly expression clouds her beautiful features.

 

"Nothing."

 

"Faith, its me.”

 

"It's nothing, B. Really."

 

"Faith?"

 

I grow more concerned when she simply shrugs. I give her a pointed look and she locks her jaw.

 

I guess some things never change.'

 

Taking a softer approach to her legendary stubbornness, I gently sigh tracing a heart pattern over her chest, "Tell me what's going on in that head of yours, baby."

 

After deeply exhaling she lets it go, "I love you, B. Like really love you."

 

"I know." I smile broadly, "I love you too."

 

"The thought of you going off with someone else..." Faith gazes off into the distance and I wait for her to gather her thoughts. I know better than to try and predict what she's going to say. "It killed me before, seeing you with Richard. And now it would devastate me. I'd murder the fucker."

 

"Faith..."

 

"Ok, maybe not murder them, but I'd make it look like a painful accident."

 

"You're not the only one here with something left to lose." I state when she brings her attention back to me. Her eyes so loving and lost, "I would pretty much slay anyone who comes within ten million miles of you with intentions of taking you away from me."

 

"You're just saying that, B." The Bostonian chuckles as she plays with my blonde strands about her fingertips.

 

"You think so? I hated Michelle. I was so jealous of her getting to be with you I... Well let's just say I did something very embarrassing to even up the score." My turn to look away from Faith's line of sight now as I remember what happened that fateful night after I left the club.

 

Not my finest hour.'

 

"So I guess that whole month when we were fighting and ultimately excluded from school was Jealous Buffy and Jealous Faith at their best?" The dark Slayer smirks finally slotting together the pieces of that period of our broken friendship.

 

I chuckle slowly bringing my focus back to the woman I'm currently lying on top of, "Dawn was right, we can't even fight with each other without still intensely caring about one another." I palm the side of her face with my hand, "I think we're both on the same page here..."

 

"The naked page?"

 

"Seeing as I've managed to keep my panties and your shirt on, no."

 

"Maybe we should get on the same naked page, B. It would help my concentration."

 

Rolling my eyes I concede allowing Faith to rip off my panties and throw her shirt I'm wearing over my head and across the room. She's not far behind as she whips off her vest and boi shorts before flipping the comforter from underneath us to cover our naked bodies.

 

"Isn't this better? Us all naked and snuggly?"

 

I can't deny how warm and cosy I feel this close to Faith with our limbs intertwined. "Mmmm."

 

"As you were saying before I so rudely interrupted..."

 

As I'm about to speak Faith kisses me unexpectedly, "You can't keep out of my mouth can you?" I reply after her breath-taking osculation.

 

"Sorry, you had that cute expression. The one you get when you're relaxed and thinking about something that makes you really happy." She smiles at me exposing her dimples.

 

Smooth...'

 

I swoon at the energy Faith fills me with with that gesture and that smile. "What I was going to say was, I don't think either of us will be tempted to go anywhere with anyone else for a very long time, if ever."

 

"If ever." Her hands brush away my hair from my face, "You're the one. Always were."

 

It's then I feel it, the truth of it. Inside and out of how Faith makes me feel, but more importantly how I feel about her. She is my one.

 

Always were.'

 

"Ditto."

 

FIN


Chapter Views:




Please note: If you are using IE (particularly IE9) and having problems with the review form, try turning off text editor. Otherwise, try a different browser.