The Chosen Two Archive
A Buffy/Faith Fanfiction Community

The Chosen Two Archives

BROWSE BY:

Relationship [279]
Season [232]
Character
Genre

Archive Links:

Twitter
Awards
Tumblr
Links

Site Info

Members: 1538
Series: 20
Stories: 290
Chapters: 1551
Word count: 7910064
Authors: 59
Reviews: 2554
Reviewers: 156
Newest Member: Echoecho
 

Search





the young king sings a song for the lover, the leaver, the lonely alike (maybe you're the boy from my dreams) by slayerismsunrise New!
[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes:

This fic was originally posted to AO3, and was my first fic in the fandom. Posting here for posterity, hope I do this correctly. Grammatical edits have been applied to this version of the fic, but this otherwise appears how it does on AO3.

Fic title from the songs Fever Pitch by Rainbow Kitten Surprise and Dream Boy by Beach Bunny. 

Chapter notes:

Chapter title from American Hero by Rainbow Kitten Surprise.

You get dressed to go on patrol like you do most nights. Dark lipstick, black tank top, everything always as it is. You lace your boots with your barely feeling hands, slowly navigating your not-quite-there body. It’s hard not to linger, to stare at the lines and curves of your face and body in the mirror, mapping them in an aimless effort to see a person staring back. It takes more energy than you have in order to look away right now. And so you stand there, and you stare, and your eyes (or rather the eyes you’re using) drift to the dark hair falling over your shoulders that never seems to do what you want it to, even though you’re never quite sure what you want it to do.

The blankets rustle, and slowly, too slowly, you’re drawn back to where you stand. She’s right there asleep in the bed beside you, blonde hair falling over her face. She could wake up at any point in time, and how could you explain this, the standing and the staring? You forgot that you have life. You remember now that she’s there and that she cares, and that you made a deal with yourself that you would never stand still long enough to think, long enough for her to notice, long enough for her to care. So you don’t stand still anymore, not longer than you have to. And today is no exception to your rule.

You feel the weight of wood inside the pocket of your leather jacket as you button it up. It would ground you most days, and you’re no longer staring at a reflection in a mirror that you don’t quite recognize, so it works for now. Your keys jangle softly in your hand as you leave the apartment just outside of Cleveland that you’ve been sharing for these past few months.


Chapter Views: 213




Please note: If you are using IE (particularly IE9) and having problems with the review form, try turning off text editor. Otherwise, try a different browser.