The Chosen Two Archive
A Buffy/Faith Fanfiction Community

The Chosen Two Archives

BROWSE BY:

Relationship [279]
Season [232]
Character
Genre

Archive Links:

Twitter
Awards
Tumblr
Links

Site Info

Members: 1539
Series: 20
Stories: 290
Chapters: 1551
Word count: 7910064
Authors: 59
Reviews: 2554
Reviewers: 156
Newest Member: evesock
 

Search





The Chosen One by lizardmm
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

POV Faith

I fuckin' hate planes. As if it's not bad enough with the recycled air and popping ears and cardboard food, I've got some snot-nosed kids behind me kicking my seat. Damn, I just wanna crack their skulls together, right now. This is gonna be a long flight. But at least over international waters no one cards me, so I'm kicking back with some JD and diet, trying to take the edge off. Cause call me clairvoyant, but it's gonna get a whole lot hairier once I touch-down in Tokyo.

Giles' sources came through with some alarming information. Actually, he didn't even need to use his regular channels. Red herself contacted Giles. That's when I knew this red lightening business was deep – if Willow couldn't handle it and had reached out to Giles.…Man, I just shook my head. This could be bad.

Apparently, according to Red, some vamp group in Tokyo found out about the scythe. They literally stormed the castle in Scotland and stole Buffy's scythe. And they've got some powerful witch on their side that cast a spell that took back all the power from the newly anointed Slayers.

So everything's back to normal. Kind of.

Those Asian vamps were wicked pissed that Buffy still had her powers – guess they forgot that it wasn't the scythe that gave her super-strength. Naw, that was all the PTB – which I guess is why the red lightening didn't strike me either. After Giles told me that my powers were safe, I'm not gonna lie. I broke down and sobbed like a little girl. As much as my current situation sucks, I don't know what I'd do without this purpose, without this calling. Giles gave me some space. He didn't try to comfort me. I didn't need comfort. I just need to punish someone.

And it gets even sweeter.

Remember Buffy's new bed buddy? Something like "sitting in stew"…pardon my American tongue…I don't need to know her name. Apparently B still hasn't dropped the martyr act. After a roll in the hay with the Blonde One, the little Asian tart still couldn't break through – she hadn't captured the Chosen One's heart. She was so upset that she actually sided with the Tokyo vamps to orchestrate this whole damn thing. Made a pact-with the undead. She helps them keep the scythe long enough to take away everyone's powers as long as she gets to keep hers. The little twit thought that if only she had super powers, Buffy would finally see her as an equal and not just a foot soldier in the battle against evil.

I bust a gut when Giles told me that one. Seeking-stew apparently never read my life story. Take a memo, sweetheart. No one is as good as B. No one is good enough for B. She'll always be the Chosen One. There's no such creature as the Chosen Two. Been there. Failed that.

So now I'm the secret weapon. Buffy doesn't have it in her to kill the little Asian twerp. Willow says she can't kill another human either. She has a hard enough time staying away from the dark stuff. So here comes Faith to save the day. Kill this chick, take out the Tokyo vamps, and get the scythe back.

The last time I saw B, I was holding her head underwater. Not trying to kill her, I swear! Just…trying to get her to stop hitting me long enough that I could explain. So I could try to talk to her about how I'd changed. I thought things were gonna be cool between the two of us after we fought the First together, but we lost touch with her in Scotland and me in Cleveland, guarding over the other Hellmouth. I guess she was still bitter that the newbies chose me over General Buffy, even though I led them right into a trap. And the next time I saw her, just like B, she kicked my ass first and asked questions second. Well, she never could a chance to ask questions cause she just suddenly disappeared as quickly as she had appeared. This is gonna be one hell of a welcoming. I hope Tokyo's airport can handle all this drama.

I didn't ask Giles if we're gonna re-juice the newbie Slayers afterwards. I don't wanna think about that yet. At the time I knew it was the right thing to do – you know, to kill the First and Its army. But not unusual for me, I never thought about the long-term consequences. Sure chicks with super-powers are totally hot. I mean, look at me. But now…after how many girls I've killed. I don't know if I can keep up this kind of life.

But I'll tackle that hurdle when I get there.

I don't know why I expected her to be at the airport to greet me. Just me and my fucked up dreaming again. Of course she sent one of those useless former slayers to pick me up. All fake bravado, holding a hand-sign and searching the crowd for me. The girl looked a mix of awe and fear when I stalked up to her. I knew she was my ride right away. The "Murdering-Psycho-Bitch" on the sign was a nice touch. I'll have to thank Red for that when I see her.

"Take me to your leader," I gruffly ordered. The girl allowed herself a shy smile, thinking I was trying to be funny or something. She nodded quickly, leading me out of the airport and into another anonymous night.

"Damn, who knew Japan was so cold. Makes me almost wish for Cleveland."

So I suck at small talk. Sue me.

The girl silently nodded again, clutching her car keys tight in her fist. It was too much for me.

"Listen," I started, grabbing onto her shoulder and looking into her eyes. "I'm one of the good guys, okay? No matter what B or Red…I mean Buffy or Willow told you about me – I'm just here to make things right again."

The girl inhaled deeply, clearly holding back tears. "You were going to kill me."

My jaw dropped when I got a better look at the girl's face. She'd changed. Her hair was longer, make-up not as heavy. I snapped my fingers. "You're Georgia girl, huh?"

She stood there, gulping in deep breaths and nodded, her body nearly shaking.

I was a bit startled they had the balls to send one of the "rehabilitated" slayers. "Why'd they send you to pick me up?"

The former slayer looked at me with big eyes. "Because I speak English?" she guessed, shrugging.

I clapped her on the shoulder. "Well I'm glad I didn't kill you now. You turned out alright, yea?"

She looked, still scared, at my hand on her shoulder. "Yes. I'm okay now."

I nodded toward the parking structure. "Let's get outta here, eh? I need a shower wicked bad."

The girl wrinkled her nose and drawled, "Thanks for warning me. I'll keep the windows rolled down."

We simultaneously burst into laughter and linked arms, the tension vanishing with each step toward the parked vehicle.

++++++

"And then, this big granddaddy vamp unleashed these wicked huge alligators. And I'm wrasslin' with 'em with not a stitch on – cause it was so wicked hot that summer, I was just sleepin' in the buff…"

The two girls laughed easily as they walked through the front doors of the Slayer compound just outside the city limits of Tokyo. It was an impressive space because of the necessity of housing the numbers of girls who now called it home.

"You boring the children with those stories again, Faith?"

Faith and her airport escort froze their camaraderie when they heard the chill in the voice.

"Hey there, B. Good to see you too." Faith smiled and allowed her eyes to approvingly wander over the tight form of the elder slayer. No matter the situation, she always managed to take Faith's breath away. Whenever she was near her sister slayer, her heart pounded a little faster, a little harder in her chest.

The blonde crossed her arms across her chest and frowned disapprovingly. She wore tight grey yoga pants that clung to her thin, muscular legs and a white tank top that showed off plenty of her fully exposed clavicle. Her hair was shorter than Faith remembered, pulled back in a tight ponytail. She'd clearly just been training as her exposed skin was covered with a thin sheen of perspiration.

The brunette took a few steps forward, tilted her head to the side and leered. "C'mon, B. Give us a kiss."

Buffy cocked her fist and unleashed a Slayer-sized uppercut that caught Faith just under her jaw, sending her flying backwards and crashing into an end table.

The blonde's eyes were wild with anger. Her breathing ragged and unsteady.

The Georgian girl rushed over to the fallen slayer. "Faith? Are…are you okay?" She reached out to help the girl up off the ground.

Faith swatted the helping hand away, "S'okay, Peach. Just B's little way of saying 'hello' to me." She flipped herself off the ground and dusted at her leathers.

"I don't want you here," the blonde growled coldly, her eyes narrowing in anger.

Faith released a manic laugh. "Believe me, B. This is the last place I wanna be. I'm just here to clean up your mess again."

"My mess? What's that supposed to mean?"

"I always knew you liked a little monster in your men, B. But I didn't figure it went for the girls too. Hell, if I'd known that, I woulda tried to be a tad more evil back in the day." Faith built up her defenses with words like a thick wall.

Buffy clenched and unclenched her fists. "You have no idea what's been going on here, Faith." She grit her teeth and spit out the other girl's name with pure disgust. "While you've been cozied up in Cleveland doing god-knows-what, I've been saving the world. Again."

Faith took a menacing step toward the blonde woman. "You don't know anything about me anymore, Slayer. So don't even start with me."

Buffy opened her mouth to snap off another biting reply when a deep voice interrupted their confrontation.

"That's enough." The two girls turned to see the owner of the voice. Giles stepped out of the shadows, his arms crossed, his eyes narrowed. "There's much to do. And we don't have time for your childish arguments anymore."

Faith opened her arms wide and smiled, "Just point me in the right direction, G-man. I'm itching for a little 'uh' after that long flight."

Buffy looked back and forth between the dark slayer and her former Watcher, seeing the twinkle in Faith's eyes and the sternness in his face soften.

She choked on her next words, "You…you two have been working together." It sounded more like an accusation than a question.

Giles sighed and stepped down the compound's staircase, further into the light. "There's much to catch up on. But, yes. Faith and I have been working together."

Faith glared at the blonde with venom in her eyes. "Yea, B. Your two outcasts."

Giles held up a hand. "That's enough. Get to sleep. We'll talk more in the morning."

Faith snatched her bag from the ground and allowed the Georgian girl to show her to her room upstairs, but not before flashing the blonde girl one last wild look.

Buffy's eyes followed the dark form until it disappeared up the stairs. She stood silent, unmoving, suddenly feeling her strength crumbling around her. How had things gotten to this point?

"Buffy," the gentle voice started.

The blonde swallowed back her tears. "No, you're right, Giles. Not tonight. I'll see you in the morning, okay?" She attempted a brave, genuine smile to show how happy she was to see her former Watcher, but it came out more like a grimace. "Sleep well." And without a second glance at the British man, she too started the long climb upstairs to her empty bedroom.

+++++

Elsewhere in the City

"How could you have made such an oversight, you stupid, insipid girl?"

The Asian vampire scowled at the girl standing before him. "If we didn't need you for this last stage of the plan, I'd gut you myself and drain all your blood."

The girl couldn't bring herself to look up into the face of her verbal assailant. Her usually assured voice sounded small and defeated. "I'm…I'm sorry, Toru. I had a hunch that Buffy Summers would be immune from the spell, but no one else."

Toru snarled, his eyes flashing yellow. "It's bad enough to deal with the one, but now my sources tell me that the second Slayer has reached the city as well…. no doubt to take care of you." He looked at the girl with a smug smile. "You do know of her reputation, don't you? The Redemptive One. The Redeemed? She's here to kill you, Satsu."

The Asian woman straightened her shoulders and finally looked up to stare hard into the face of the undead creature before her. "Not if I kill her first."

+++++

TBC

 


Chapter Views: 10963




Please note: If you are using IE (particularly IE9) and having problems with the review form, try turning off text editor. Otherwise, try a different browser.