The Chosen Two Archive
A Buffy/Faith Fanfiction Community

The Chosen Two Archives

BROWSE BY:

Relationship [279]
Season [232]
Character
Genre

Archive Links:

Twitter
Awards
Tumblr
Links

Site Info

Members: 1539
Series: 20
Stories: 290
Chapters: 1551
Word count: 7910064
Authors: 59
Reviews: 2554
Reviewers: 156
Newest Member: evesock
 

Search





Guilty Secret by Really-an-angel
[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Chapter One

Buffy clung to the wall of the toilet stall she was occupying for balance, her other arm wrapped around her lover's neck, holding on for dear life. Her legs were wrapped securely around her lover's waist, her pretty maroon and blue skirt hiked up high. Her underwear had been removed, her blouse and bra undone.

Trying not to pant or moan too loudly, Buffy rode the fingers that were buried deep inside her, curled just right to touch her in the right way. Hot lips kissed her here and there in all her sensitive spots, making it impossible to remain quiet.

"God!" the blonde breathed. She was edging ever closer to climax as a taut nipple was pinched hard by talented fingers, as her ear lobe was bitten, as the fingers inside her stroked expertly. The locked door she was leaning back against rattled on its hinges at each jarring thrust, Buffy was sure that everyone knew what was going on inside the cubicle, but didn't care at that particular moment. All she cared about was her lover not stopping.

Buffy gasped, her eyes slamming shut, as she tightened around the invading fingers inside her. Shuddering hard, she bit down hard on her lover's shoulder to stifle her scream. She felt the fingers gently slip from her and missed them instantly. Strong but sure arms remained wrapped around her, while she was set back on her own feet.

Her legs were shaky and she trembled from the pleasure she had just been given. She clung to her slightly taller lover, breathing deeply as she tried to get her breath back. "I... wish we had more time," she murmured softly.

"You and me both."

Pulling back slightly, Buffy looked into eyes that shone tenderness back at her. "You go out first. I'll... smarten up, then follow." She leaned back in for one last, parting kiss, knowing it would be the last for a while, then stepped back out of the way so her lover could unlatch the door and squeeze out of the stall.

Left alone in the cubicle, Buffy ran a trembling hand through her mussed hair and sighed, knowing what she was doing was wrong, but unable to stop herself.

More under control now, her heart back to its normal rhythm, she did up her bra and the buttons of her blouse as quickly as she could, straightened her skirt, and realised her underwear had been pocketed. I lose more underwear that way! she thought, not really mad after the orgasm she'd just had.

Ready to go, she left the small, cramped stall and headed for the sinks, ignoring the curious eyes that turned her way. Turning the tap on, she splashed some cold water on her face and stared at her reflection, trying to see if she looked like she had just been thoroughly fucked. The flush to her skin had mostly gone and if asked, she could always say she was just feeling hot. Pleased with her appearance, Buffy took a deep, calming breath, turned and left the rest room.

Out in the restaurant, Buffy made her way back to her table, many an appreciative eye turning her way. Green eyes took in the occupants at her table, careful not to linger on any one person too long.

"Hey, honey," Jack Lindell greeted, as the blonde sat down next to him. "You were gone awhile."

Buffy smiled at her husband as sweetly as she could. "Didn't Faith tell you there was a long queue?" Green eyes flicked briefly to the brunette opposite her, Faith staring back, her face giving nothing away.

"She did, yeah," Jack nodded, a boyish smile curling his lips as he teased his wife. "I just can't understand why she got back so much sooner than you."

Buffy felt her cheeks begin to colour. "Well... unlike Faith, I'm a girly-girl. I like to look in the mirror to check my make-up and hair and... other stuff."

"Secret girl stuff, huh?" Ethan Sands, Faith's date for the evening, smirked. "Guess we'll never learn their secrets, Jack."

The waiter arrived with their main meals and the two couples fell silent to enjoy the food. Beneath the table, hidden by the thankfully long tablecloth, Buffy slipped her foot from her shoe and trailed her toes up and down Faith's leg seductively, teasing the brunette, even as she carried on a conversation with her husband.

The original Chosen Two had a long standing on-again-off-again relationship that went all the way back to when Sunnydale had collapsed. Neither had been looking for a relationship, not at the time, but they had been worked up after the big battle and in need of some comfort. Buffy had been looking for comfort, Faith had been looking for relief.

* * * *

2003

The school bus pulled into the motel car park and pulled to a stop near the front office. Giles disembarked first, closely followed by those who weren't hurt and wanted to stretch their legs. The former Watcher looked to his dazed and silent former charge. "I'll just... see if they have any rooms."

Buffy blinked at him, slowly taking in the words, before nodding. "Yeah. Good thinking. I... doubt there's anywhere else around here for us to go." She watched Giles nod and head inside, then turned her attention to the sky. It was a nice day out, the sky was blue, the sun shining, Sunnydale was now a crater in the ground. It all seemed so... surreal.

"We stoppin' here the night?" a familiar husky voice asked from behind her.

Buffy turned around and looked at Faith, really looked at her, noticing now that she had the time and actually looked, that the younger Slayer had grown into a beautiful woman. She smiled as a rush of warmth filled her at the familiarity of being around Faith. She needed familiar right now. The Chosen Two. Back together? "Yeah," she replied to the question. "We don't exactly have anywhere else to be and some of the girls need their wounds taken care of." Do I want her back in my life? she wondered.

Faith nodded. "Right." She pulled a crumpled packet out of her denim jacket and cracked a smile. "We defeated the big bad, destroyed a whole town, and my smokes survived. Not a bad day at all."

Buffy tried not to look disapproving as Faith took out a cigarette and placed it between her lips. "You know that's a bad habit?" she asked, with as much cheerfulness as she could muster.

Faith lit her cigarette and inhaled deeply, brown eyes on the blonde standing in front of her. She exhaled, a cloud of smoke expelled from between sensual lips. "I'm a walkin' advertisement for bad habits, B," she said with a wink. Her gaze flicked to Giles as he exited the front office, a bunch of keys held securely in his hand. "Don't suppose they've got a honeymoon suite?" she asked in his direction. "Those rooms are always the best."

Giles smiled wearily at her. "As a matter of fact, Faith, you're in luck. I had to take what he had available to accommodate us all." He looked at Buffy almost apologetically. "I'm afraid there aren't enough for everyone, so we'll have to pair people up, even group some together."

Buffy smiled. Oh well, couldn't have it all our own way. "It's not a problem, Giles. After spending night after night crammed in at my house, sleeping on the floor, I'm sure they'll be understanding. Did you ask about medical supplies? Maybe if there's a doctor on site?"

"Apparently there's a small medical practice not far down the road," Giles told her, eyes briefly going to the school bus. "I'll drive those who need treatment over there, while... perhaps you or even Willow could arrange the girls into some order?"

Buffy smiled again for him, knowing they were still treading on eggshells around each other. "Sure, I can do that. I think Will might be too out of it." She wanted to help, while everyone was so unsure of what came next. She looked at Faith, wondering if the brunette would be any help. "Uhm... Faith, I don't suppose...?"

Faith blew out a smoke ring and nodded. "Sure, B, I'll give you a hand. I'm all about the good deeds these days." She flicked away her cigarette butt and held out her hand to Giles, wiggling her fingers at him in an effort to get him to give up the keys.

"Thank you, Faith," Giles said softly, handing over the bunch of keys he held. "Not just for..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," she cut him off, not at all comfortable with compliments. "Just... bored of standin' around doin' nothin', you know?"

"Of course," Giles acquiesced, a small smile curling his lips. He knew she was trying and that pleased him greatly. He knew in the coming days, Buffy could use a friend and who better than one who knew Buffy so well.

Avoiding eye contact, Faith made her way back over to the bus and up the steps to stand at the front, brown eyes taking in everyone who looked back at her. "So uhh... Giles got us rooms," she started. "There ain't enough for one each, so some of you are gonna have to share. We'll sort that out in a minute. Giles is gonna drive down a little ways to the medical practice with the injured, so right now, I need those of you who aren't hurt off the bus and formin' an orderly line, so I can sort out the rooms." She watched as nobody moved. "Now, people. Come on!"

The girls who weren't hurt stood up and grabbed their weapons, before making their way down the aisle and off the bus, muttering quick goodbyes to their fellow Slayers.

Faith knelt down in front of Robin, eyes taking in the sweating man. He didn't look good and she wasn't sure he was going to make it. A sword through the gut wasn't any laughing matter for a Slayer, let alone a mere mortal man. "Hey," she greeted softly, a hand shaking his thigh to rouse him.

It was a while before his eyes opened, but when they did, he managed a smile for her. "Hey."

"Giles is gonna drive you over to the medical practice to get treatment. Just uhh... thought I'd say goodbye."

"Goodbye?"

"Look, I ain't the relationship type," she told him, eyes darting about as she avoided looking at him. "I can't sit here and promise I'll still be here when you get better enough to be released."

Though disappointed, Robin nodded, eyes closing briefly, before looking at her again, taking her in, memorising every detail. He couldn't deny he had hoped for... something more than what they'd had, but from the gossip he'd heard about her, he wasn't all that surprised. "I'll live in hope," he murmured, smile back on his lips.

Smiling as she stood up, Faith knew she was doing the right thing. He was a pretty decent guy and deserved better than pinning all his hopes on her. "Bye, Robin. Don't give those nurses too much trouble."

"Oh, great! First you dump me, now you want to take away my fun as well!" he joked. He nodded a goodbye and watched her walk away, knowing no matter what he said, or did, to try and win her heart, he would never own it. "Bye, Faith," he whispered, closing his eyes and trying to put her out of his head.

Back out in the sunshine, Faith walked over to Buffy's side, the blonde standing with her arms crossed, looking at the former potentials in amusement.

Green eyes flicked to Faith. "What did you do, threaten them?" she asked. "I could never get them to do anything I said."

Faith grinned. "It's all in the way you phrase it, B. Give it some attitude and they don't question you." She fidgeted nervously, shifting from foot to foot. She wanted another cigarette, but with only one left and no cash, she wanted to save it for later. "So... you wanna take over and dish out the rooms?"

Buffy shook her head. "I'm done, Faith," she said softly, watching the school bus pull out of the car park. "You're in charge now."

Concerned for the blonde, knowing she had been run through with a sword during the battle, Faith handed over the prized honeymoon suite key. "Here, go put your feet up, while I sort out this lot. But don't jump for joy or nothin', you're sharin' with me."

Buffy took the key and looked down at it. She wanted to crack a joke, say something funny, perhaps loaded with innuendo. She couldn't muster the energy. Instead, she smiled, deciding to cut the brunette some slack. "Thanks." She turned and walked away, questioning the warm fuzziness in her belly, as Faith's authoritative voice drifted to her.

"Yo, lust bunnies. Get a room would ya. Hey! Kennedy, you're makin' everyone queasy!"

* * * *

After getting everyone sorted with a room, breaking up an argument or two, Faith nervously made her way towards the honeymoon suite. She wasn't sure this was her brightest idea ever, but she knew Buffy was hurt, tired, in need of a break and no doubt mourning the loss of Spike. The last thing the blonde would want is to be surrounded by squabbling junior Slayers.

Trying the door, Faith found it unlocked and made her way inside. "Hey," she greeted Buffy, seeing her sprawled out on the king-sized bed. "You had anyone look at that wound of yours?"

Buffy shook her head. "No time."

"There's always time, B. All you had to do was ask." She took off her denim jacket and threw it towards a chair. "D'ya... want me to... take a look?"

Buffy shifted herself a little, the move making her wince in pain. "Uhh... yeah. Thanks."

Nodding, Faith made her way into the bathroom to see what supplies the cabinet held. Opening the small door, she couldn't help but growl in frustration. "Son of a bitch!"

"Faith?" Buffy called out in concern, wondering if the brunette was hurt herself.

"It's nothin', B. Just..." she appeared in the doorway, "...no supplies. I'm gonna have to go see what the manager's got. Don't move, all right?" She hurried over to the door.

"You don't need to bother, Faith. I'm sure I'll be fine after a couple of hours of sleep."

"Uh-huh, and if you believe that, it might interest you to know that I'm the Pope." Smirking over her shoulder at the blonde, who was rolling her eyes, Faith left the room.

Buffy closed her eyes briefly, telling herself she wasn't tired, just needed to close them a second. Just a second, then she'd be fine, ready to take care of the terrible hunger she was suddenly feeling. The other h in the Slayer double h's would have to wait. Though, there is always Faith, she thought sleepily, cheeks colouring as soon as she had the thought.

Faith wasn't gone long. She returned carrying a battered old first aid box. Seeing Buffy had drifted off to sleep and knowing the older woman needed the rest, Faith decided to work silently and as carefully as she could.

Crouching at the side of the bed, she lifted Buffy's bloodstained top and looked at the sword wound, wincing at the sight that greeted her. "Damn, B. Maybe you should've gone with Giles."

Buffy woke to see the younger Slayer checking out her wound. The sword had gone in and out cleanly and would heal in a few days, but for the moment it hurt like hell. "Will I live, Doc?" she asked softly, voice thick from her brief nap.

Faith looked up from Buffy's abdomen to meet unfocused green eyes and smiled. "Yeah. You were skewered cleanly."

"Not bad then?"

"Not too bad, no. You're lucky you're a Slayer. You should be good to go in a day or two."

Buffy found her cheeks colouring, reading too much into the comment. "Uhm... good to... good to know."

Ripping open an antiseptic wipe packet, Faith tenderly started cleaning the wound, apologising as Buffy flinched.

"It's okay." Buffy watched Faith's face, surprised at the emotions displayed there, as well as the tender touch she had never associated with Faith.

"I was scared," Faith murmured, almost too quiet for Buffy to hear. "When you went down and stayed down, it scared me." She looked up, meeting Buffy's gaze as she confessed to feeling fear.

Shifting slightly, Buffy cupped Faith's cheek in the palm of her hand, touched by the soft side she was being shown. "I wasn't. I knew you would hold the line for me and see things through."

"How? How could you know when I didn't? When I'm never sure..."

Buffy smiled. "Because you're Faith. One half of the Chosen Two. I know you, Faith, you have a good heart deep, deep, deep down." She chuckled softly, while Faith grinned. "Now, stop delaying and patch me up."

With a smile curling her lips, Faith finished cleaning Buffy's wound, then wiped away the dried blood on the blonde's skin, before covering the area with a padded bandage. "There, all done. Don't think your shirt's ever gonna be the same, though." She got up, groaning as her knees popped. "How's that cut on your head?"

Buffy puffed out her cheeks in thought. "Pfft, that's nothing."

"Well, while I'm patchin' you up, I may as well take care of it." Faith perched on the edge of the bed and partly leaned over the blonde to check the thin cut. "It's closed up already," she murmured, heart thundering from her close proximity to Buffy. "I'll just uhh... clean it then leave it be."

Buffy licked her lips, aware that they were suddenly dry. After the battle of her life, she was quickly realising that the hungry and horny side to being a Slayer had kicked into high gear. She had never experienced anything like it. And with Faith so close and so... Faith, Buffy knew she had to focus on something else before she did something stupid. "I'm hungry, horny, and tired. Is it strange that out of those three things, all I want to do is sleep?"

Faith smirked in amusement. "Nah, you probably need it, B. When's the last time you got a decent night's sleep? What with little juniors overrunnin' your house, tryin' to plan for the big fight, worryin' about Spike goin' bad, me bein' back, Giles betrayin' you, the Scoobies turnin' on you... I guess it all mounted up."

"Well, when you put it like that!" Buffy laughed. "I'm surprised my eyes are still open!" As Faith finished cleaning her head wound, Buffy patted the space next to her, not wanting to be alone. "You must be ready to sleep as well."

"Among other things," the brunette mumbled.

"Will you... sleep with me for a while?" Buffy asked shyly. "You don't have to stay, just... just until I've fallen asleep."

"Don't want to be alone, huh? I could go get your little sis," Faith offered.

"I love my sister, she's family, but I highly doubt she'd let me sleep peacefully." Buffy frowned in concern. "Where is she anyway?"

"Last time I saw her, she was walkin' off with Xander, doin' the comfortin' thing."

"Right. Poor Xander, losing Anya like that. He really loved her, finally realised how much she meant to him and now... she's gone."

"She chose to be there, B. No one made her stay and fight."

"I know, but I can't help but feel bad. A Slayer is supposed to work alone, but my friends changed the rule book." Buffy searched Faith's eyes, feeling her emotions catching up with her. "Will you stay then?"

"Can't think of the last time I had a better offer." Smirking, Faith stood up and walked around to the other side of the bed and sat down to take off her boots. She felt the bed move as Buffy rolled over onto her uninjured side and felt the burning of Buffy's eyes on her back. She wondered how she was going to sleep next to the beautiful blonde when they were both so wound up from battle lust.

Buffy watched as Faith removed her boots and stood again to get out of her tight jeans. She swallowed hard and quickly shut her eyes, telling herself she was giving Faith some privacy, when in actual fact, she was sure she would jump the brunette if she kept on watching.

It wasn't long before the mattress sank under Faith's weight, the brunette slipping beneath the covers and getting comfortable. They lay in awkward silence at first, neither sure what to say, not sure there was anything to say. They had so much history, had done so many wrongs to each other, and even now, neither was sure they could trust the other. Yet they were sharing a bed.

Buffy watched Faith's face, studying the brunette. She wanted to talk, wanted to say so many things and yet... nothing would come. She was worried that if she started thinking about what they had gone through and what they had lost, she'd start crying. She waited and waited for the courage to start, knowing eventually the words she wanted to say would spill from her lips, but as she waited, she found her eyes beginning to droop, closing for longer and longer periods until she gave in to her need for rest and slept.

* * * *

Faith woke to the warm sensation of someone curled up against her. Not moving, not opening her eyes even, she reached out with her senses and took stock of her position. She was in a bed, she wasn't alone, and the person nestled so closely against her side had thrown a leg across both of her thighs, an arm across her chest, and had settled their head in the crook of her neck. Warm breath floated across her skin with every breath they took and it was slowly tormenting her. She was effectively pinned in place.

Okay. Don't panic, Faith. Just try to remember last night.

Her brow creased as she tried to recall the events of her evening. I didn't have a drink, I didn't even get somethin' to eat... I'm in the honeymoon suite of some motel and it is... Buffy! Her eyes popped open in sudden realisation.

I'm in bed with Buffy Summers and she's all... up close and personal!

Buffy rocked her hips against Faith, her body reacting to her need even though she was still asleep. In the position she was in, she was getting delicious contact exactly where she needed it. She nuzzled ever closer, lips pressing against Faith's neck.

"B!" Faith called out desperately, in an awkward position. She knew what she wanted to do, but couldn't bring herself to do it, not with Buffy still asleep. "Buffy!"

"Mmm?" Buffy kissed Faith's neck, her hand caressing Faith's shoulder.

"B, as... as much as I'm likin' this attention, maybe you... should wake up now. Please!"

Buffy moved even closer, now lying half on top of Faith, and trailed more kisses down the brunette's neck. "Why would I do that when we're both clearly liking what I'm doing?" Her voice was husky and sleep-roughened. She wasn't sure she was about to do the right thing, but had a deep ache that needed taking care of.

"B, we..." Faith's words were cut off by Buffy's lips on hers. "We should... mmm!" she trailed off, moaning as Buffy nibbled on her ear lobe. "B... Buffy... we have... so much to..."

"Later. We can talk later."

Worked up and not needing much convincing, Faith rolled over, easing Buffy onto her back, and covered the blonde's body with her own, being mindful of the wound in Buffy's side. She pressed her lips to Buffy's, teasing them with her tongue until she was allowed entrance.

"Mmm!" Buffy wrapped her arms around Faith and pulled her closer, delighting in the feeling of the younger woman's tongue invading her mouth. Their tongues fought for dominance as they explored new territory, neither allowing themselves to stop and think about what they were doing.

Not wasting any time, not sure how long they had together before someone came looking for Buffy, Faith ripped Buffy's ruined shirt from her and kissed her way down the blonde's chest to the tops of her breasts, feeling Buffy's hands tangling in her loose locks. She bit a hard nipple through the lace bra that covered her prize, drawing a deep, lusty moan from the older Slayer beneath her.

Buffy arched her back at the sensation, offering more of herself to Faith. She wanted it all, Faith's teeth, her tongue, her lips, all on her naked skin; she wanted Faith to touch her and caress her and drive her to the greatest of heights. Buffy wanted to lose herself, forget everything that had happened, if only for a moment. "Faith!" she gasped. "Please, Faith!"

Faith ignored Buffy's desperate cries and clutching fingers, continuing her exploration of the blonde's body. She kissed her way hotly down Buffy's chest to her ribs, her tongue tracing each; down to her stomach, using her tongue to tease the blonde's belly button. Getting up off the bed, Faith proceeded to take off Buffy's faded blue jeans. "Don't know how you could've slept in these, B."

"Guess I needed the rest," Buffy replied breathlessly, her voice sounding funny to her own ears. She lifted her hips to help Faith get the jeans off, then let her legs fall open, exposing herself to hungry brown eyes, as Faith settled her body down the bottom of the bed.

Licking her lips in anticipation, Faith started trailing soft, brief kisses up silky soft thighs, getting ever closer to where she wanted to be. She stayed away from Buffy's dripping sex, much to the blonde's displeasure, and instead kissed her way up the creases of Buffy's groin and over her hips. She held the blonde down as best could, as Buffy bucked and thrust up desperately against her mouth. "B, have some patience."

"God, Faith! I... I need..." Buffy pleaded helplessly. She needed to be touched, to be tasted, to come. She just didn't want to say the words.

"I know," Faith murmured, pressing kisses into Buffy's heated skin. "I'm gonna take care of you, B. Just have a little... Faith," she smirked, before ducking her head and kissing Buffy's throbbing clit.

As Buffy writhed and whimpered with need, Faith groaned loudly as she traced the blonde's swollen lips, tasting Buffy on her tongue and wanting more. She lapped it up, then down, then up again, her tongue swirling around Buffy's exposed clitoris. "You taste so good, B."

"Ohhh, Faith!" Buffy thrust her hips up, pressing herself harder against the brunette's mouth. She reached down to cover the back of Faith's head with her hand, holding the younger woman in place. A delicious warmth had spread throughout her body, her toes curling into the mattress she lay upon, a red blush colouring her skin. She knew she was close, so close to coming. "Mmmm, Faith! I'm... I'm gonna... Oh, God, Faith!" Her eyes squeezed shut.

Suckling on Buffy's throbbing clit, Faith slipped two fingers easily inside the blonde, curling them and caressing the right spot. As Buffy cried out loudly and arched up off the mattress, Faith continued her ministrations until Buffy came again.

Completely spent and suddenly tired again, Buffy flopped back down and moaned helplessly, while Faith's fingers slipped from her, the brunette's mouth covering her sex instead, and a talented tongue lapping up every drop of spilt desire.

When Buffy stilled beneath her, Faith kissed her way back up the blonde's slightly sweaty body, delighting in the soft whimpers that escaped the blonde's lips. Settling on her side next to Buffy, Faith couldn't stop touching the older woman, or kissing her, and despite not yet having her own need taken care of, she was happy to wait. Happy to just bask in Buffy's afterglow.

* * * *

Snuggled as close to Faith as she could get, Buffy traced swirls against the brunette's flat stomach, as numerous thoughts raced through her head.

After climaxing twice under the brunette's ministrations, Buffy had fallen into a blissful and satisfied sleep, only waking up again ten minutes ago. She had woken in Faith's embrace, strong arms wrapped securely around her, full lips pressed against the top of her head, while her head rested on Faith's chest. She had never felt more at peace and it kinda scared her.

Neither of them were asleep now, but neither wanted to move. Everything about this feels so right, Buffy thought, tracing figure eights into the skin at her fingertips. She sighed contentedly and smiled a little, until her gaze fell on the old scar. A scar she had created, a scar that marred the perfect skin of Faith's abdomen. "How long?" she murmured, tracing a gentle fingertip along the scar.

"Hmm?"

"How long have you wanted me?"

Faith chuckled, as she shifted slightly. "Who says I wanted you?" She knew it was the wrong thing to say the moment the words slipped out, knew it would ruin this perfect moment, but Buffy had to know this was nothing more then battle lust. Wasn't it?

Buffy's whole body tensed. She pulled away from Faith and sat up, eyes burning with anger, as she met Faith's soft brown ones. "This is... an after-a-big-battle one off?" she asked quietly, praying she wouldn't burst into tears.

"What else would it be?" Faith replied, frowning. She knew what she wanted this to be, but wasn't sure she was capable of sticking around, of being in a relationship. "You're straight, B. A lover of men. If there were any half decent guys around last night, are you honestly tellin' me we would've ended up in bed together?"

Buffy scowled, not happy with how things were going. "I was injured, F. I wasn't looking to jump into bed with anyone!"

"There you go," Faith concluded, tucking her arms behind her head. "This was a... blip in your otherwise perfect life."

"Perfect life!" Buffy exclaimed loudly, her anger building. "Do you hear yourself? Are you deliberately trying to get me mad? My life is far from perfect!"

"B, calm down. Why are you gettin' so worked up over nothin'?"

"Right. Nothing. Get some, get gone. Right, F?" Buffy moved, straddling Faith's hips. Leaning down, she kissed the suddenly confused brunette. "We're not done then, are we?" she asked playfully, the seriousness from moments before gone and replaced by a side of Buffy Faith didn't know and wasn't sure she liked.

"We're not done because... I got some, but you..." she covered Faith's breasts with her hands, kneading the perfect mounds that she had secretly always wanted to touch, "...didn't," she finished saying. "So... we should... I should take care of that."

Faith groaned and arched her back, as Buffy pinched a hard nipple, her tongue thrusting into Faith's suddenly open mouth. She parted her legs so that Buffy slipped between them, their dripping sexes meeting and rubbing, making both gasp and moan simultaneously. Faith lay back and stared up at the blonde in awe, her hands trailing up from Buffy's thighs to her hips, helping to keep her in the right place.

Head thrown back, mouth hanging open as she panted for breath, a hand on Faith's shoulder to balance herself, Buffy rocked against the younger woman frantically, grinding their dripping sexes together. Their hard, throbbing clits rubbed deliciously, driving both of them higher and higher towards the precipice. Buffy held her bottom lip between her teeth, as Faith's hands trailed up from her hips, up her sides, to her breasts, covering and squeezing in time to Buffy's thrusts.

A knock on the door caused them to pause, both looking over at the closed and locked door, knowing it was either Giles or Willow brave enough to disturb them the day after the biggest battle of their lives. "Buffy?" Willow called out, sounding nervous, unsure. "Are... are you awake?"

Buffy kept up her rocking, so close to climax, and not yet willing to stop if she didn't have to. Green eyes darkened with arousal locked onto Faith's almost black, a smile curling her lips at the look of desperation on Faith's face. "If it's not important... come back later," she called out.

"Oh. Well... I guess it's not all that important," Willow responded. "Just... I thought you might want to know that Giles is buying everyone breakfast."

Distracted now, Buffy looked over at the door. "What?"

"B...!" Faith groaned, so close, so ready to take that final leap into the abyss. "Little focus here."

"Giles is buying everyone breakfast?" Buffy called out. "Everyone?" She bent down and kissed pouting lips, while Willow confirmed. "Giles is buying everyone breakfast," she repeated for Faith's benefit, deliberately teasing. "You do remember how much we eat, right?"

Faith slid her hand between Buffy's legs, spreading her swollen lips to gather hot desire onto her fingertips, making the blonde groan and rock more frantically against her. "I'm well aware," she murmured huskily. "And as soon as we're done here, I'm racin' you over to the dinin' room."

"We'll... be right there, Will!" Buffy called out, before attaching her mouth to the crook of Faith's neck, instantly forgetting about her best friend.

* * * *

Faith walked into the dining room a good ten minutes after Buffy. It had been the blonde's request as she hurriedly got dressed into dirty clothes and a borrow t-shirt.

"You understand, don't you, Faith? It'll look weird if we arrive together."

"We're sharin' a room, B. I'm sure your friends will think nothin' of it."

"But it's not like we're even friends, Faith."

That had hurt. That had reminded Faith of just what the Scoobies and their fearless leader thought about her, how she was never really one of the gang. "Sure, B. I'll wait until you're settled and eatin', before showin' up and remindin' everyone that not all of us are perfect."

Just to make Buffy uncomfortable, Faith sat down at the Scoobie table, smiling at Kennedy and Giles who greeted her politely. When the waitress approached, she ordered one of everything from the breakfast menu, ignoring Giles' look of disbelief and Willow's scowl. She trained her eyes on Buffy, waiting for the blonde to acknowledge her.

"We were just discussing our next move," Giles told her, once a few uncomfortable, silent minutes had ticked past. "There's a Hellmouth in Cleveland, of course," he reminded them. "But, I was saying to Buffy, that perhaps I should go back to England to see about getting the Council's affairs in order. With a whole world full of Slayers out there needing to be trained properly, I'll need to see about finding them and getting them Watchers." He was almost talking to himself, as he lost himself in thought of everything that needed doing.

"So, Buffy?" Dawn piped up, seeing an opportunity to interrupt. "What do you think?"

Avoiding Faith's penetrating gaze, Buffy's eyes lifted from her plate to her younger sister's face. "I'll think about it."

"But, Buf-...!"

"I'll think about it, Dawn," Buffy interrupted. "It's too soon. Too soon after... everything to be making such big decisions."

"What about you, Faith?" Willow asked, speaking over the sibling argument going on. "What do you think you'll do?"

Faith looked up and smiled flirtatiously at the waitress, who had returned with her first two dishes. She winked, making the woman blush, then focused on the food in front of her. She was starving. "Don't know, Red. Don't got a lot of choices, what with my record and all."

Willow smiled saccharinely. "I can help with that," she offered. "I'm almost positive. I just need access to a computer, then I should be able to, you know, make it disappear." Not a big Faith fan before, she had slowly seen the changes in the younger woman and had changed her opinion. She saw that Faith was different, that she wanted redemption for her crimes. She wanted to help the brunette get far, far away if she could.

Faith looked up from inhaling her eggs. "You can do that?"

Willow nodded. "Sure."

"Wow," Faith smiled in amazement, a number of destinations she could go to coming to mind. "Then the world's my oyster."

"I'm going to the nearest town with the other girls after we're done here. I'll see if I can do it for you then."

* * * *

Buffy walked back towards the room she was sharing with Faith, feet dragging, eyes on the ground. Her head was filled with far too many thoughts. As usual, everyone was looking to her for a decision on what should be done next, despite the world being their oyster. Giles and her friends wanted a plan of action, Dawn wanted to go abroad, and she wanted... well, she wasn't entirely sure what she wanted yet. But a break would be nice.

She wanted to tell everyone she didn't know what was next, that she wasn't their leader any more, that she wasn't the only Slayer.

It had been a long, tiring day and all she wanted was to have a nice, relaxing bath. Maybe Faith would join her, then afterwards they could crawl into bed. Also together. She knew they should probably talk. Not just about their past, but also about what had happened between them recently. She wanted to know what it meant, if it changed anything.

Looking up towards her room, Buffy saw a figure standing in the shadows, a trail of smoke rising up from a cigarette held between fingers she knew to be gentle. Without meaning to, Buffy found herself smiling warmly. "Hey," she greeted softly, as she got closer.

"Hey, B. Was wonderin' when you'd get back."

Green eyes fell from the beautiful brunette to a rucksack sitting at Faith's feet. "Really? Any particular reason?"

Faith flicked away the remains of her cigarette and stuffed her hands into her pockets. "Wanted to say goodbye."

Smile gone, along with all her good feelings, Buffy folded her arms and tried to hide her disappointment. "Goodbye?"

"Yeah, I'm headin' off."

"But... what about your record?"

"Red sorted it out when she went into town with the juniors this afternoon. I... I have choices now, B. I can... go off wherever and help people."

"You could stay and help train the younger girls," Buffy argued.

"I'm not the role model type, princess. That's your gig."

"Why tonight?" Buffy asked, unfolding her arms. "No one else is leaving tonight."

"You know me, not one for hugs and kisses and bitter-sweet goodbyes." Faith scuffed the ground with the toe of her boot. "Besides, you should be happy. You're gettin' the best room to yourself," she grinned.

"I don't care about the damn room, Faith!" Buffy snapped. "I..." She moved a step closer to the younger woman. "I thought we were... I don't know, building new bridges, putting the past behind us and trying to start again."

Faith lifted a hand to her hair and ran her fingers through the loose locks. "Is that possible? After all the stuff that's been said, all the stuff I've done, you stabbin' me in the gut?" She laughed sadly and shook her head. "I don't know, B. I'm thinkin' this is one of those things you're gonna have to write off."

"What if I don't want to write it off?" Buffy asked softly, eyes unwavering on the brunette. "What if I want to try? What if, now we're both a little more mature, a little less under pressure, we sit down to talk and go from there?"

"What are you hopin' for here, B?" Faith sighed, shifting from foot to foot. "Last night was..." She trailed off, not knowing what to call it. "That was the norm for me. Big fight, big lust, get some, get gone. I know... I know you don't get all bump and grind unless you mean it, but, come on, it was me!"

"We could... try," Buffy protested. "Couldn't we? Now things are different, Faith. You're not all... psycho and I'm... I'm gradually getting rid of that stick up my butt." She tried to joke, not wanting the other Slayer to know just how serious about this she was, how much this meant to her. "Last night, or this morning rather, was... amazing, Faith."

Faith cracked a small smile, brown eyes meeting green briefly, before sliding away. "I have to do this, Buffy. I have... stuff to work out. And you, from what little sis is tellin' everyone, you're headin' to Italy." She closed the gap between them suddenly, hugging Buffy like it was the last time they would be together. "Go. Start a new life away from slayin', find a nice guy and... be happy," she said softly. "I'm not what you need, B. I'm damaged goods." She kissed the blonde's forehead and stepped back. "Maybe I'll drop in one day," she offered. "And you can thank me for bein' right about all this." She picked up her bag.

Buffy didn't move as the brunette started to walk around her, hurt beyond words by what was happening. It was true, she had never expected to sleep with Faith, had never thought they could be amicable with each other, but now she'd had a glimpse of the possibility, she had been hoping all day. She spun around. "Faith!"

Faith stopped instantly at the desperate call and turned to look back at Buffy, swallowing hard at the sad sight that greeted her.

"It meant something, didn't it?" Buffy asked, wanting to know, even if the answer wasn't what she wanted to hear. "Last night meant something, didn't it?"

Not sure she should answer, Faith found herself nodding. She smiled, a true smile that made her face light up. "Yeah. It meant somethin', B. You were... everythin' I ever dreamed of." Turning away again, she walked away quickly, not daring to look back.

* * * *

Present

With dinner finished and all polite conversation just about used up, the group of four decided it was time to call it a night.

Faith and Jack argued briefly over who should pay the bill, before the Slayer quickly gave in, knowing it wasn't going to be cheap and wanting to see the look on the man's face when he realised it. It wasn't that she didn't like the guy, he was one of the good ones; she just didn't like that he was married to Buffy.

The bill paid, coats and jackets retrieved and slipped on, the group left the restaurant, only to stand facing each other out on the street, suddenly awkward and unsure of what to say.

"So..." Buffy started, hating the sudden tension and the fact she had to say goodnight to Faith. "Tonight was fun," she said cheerfully.

The other three nodded a little too enthusiastically, murmuring their agreement.

"We should uhh... do it again some time," Ethan put in.

I doubt you'll be around,

Buffy thought, though she smiled politely. "Yeah." She looked at Faith then, green eyes softening, as she took in the beauty of the younger woman. There was so much she wanted to say, but knew she couldn't, not now, not with Jack standing next to her, waiting to take her home. "I'll... see you soon," she said softly, eyes showing her sadness.

Faith laughed to lighten the mood. "Jeez, B. Lighten up! I'll see you on Monday at work, this isn't goodbye forever!" Her comment made the two men laugh, neither knowing what was really going on.

"Yeah, I know," Buffy replied, ducking her head shyly. "I'll just... I'll miss you and I... I know that's stupid, but... you're my friend and friends miss each other. And now I'm rambling, shut me up!"

Faith rolled her eyes and turned to walk away, having to otherwise she'd run the risk of kissing Buffy for being so damn adorable. "Later, guys," she called back over her shoulder, sticking up a hand to wave goodbye. "Drive safe, Jack. You hurt her, I'll hurt you."

Jack laughed at the familiar comment. "I'll be careful, Faith. Don't worry."

"I'll call you," Buffy called out to the retreating brunette. "When I get in."

Jack wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Come on, honey. The car's this way."

Buffy sighed and turned away from the sight of Faith disappearing in the other direction. Her heart ached, but this was how it had to be.

"I wouldn't call if I were you," Jack said softly, once they were walking towards their car. "You do realise they'll probably be... busy," he chuckled, missing her clenching her jaw.

"I always call," Buffy told him quietly, trying desperately not to think of Faith and Ethan together. While Jack held open the car door for her, Buffy slipped into the passenger seat and lost herself in thoughts of anything other than Faith.

"I don't understand your friendship," Jack said, getting behind the wheel.

"Exactly," she snapped. "You don't understand what we went through to get to this point. This friendship is everything to me and I know it's everything to Faith as well."

"All right, sweetheart," Jack placated. "Sorry for saying anything." Blowing out a heavy breath, he started the car and headed for home.

 

TBC....


Chapter Views: 22145




Please note: If you are using IE (particularly IE9) and having problems with the review form, try turning off text editor. Otherwise, try a different browser.