The Chosen Two Archive
A Buffy/Faith Fanfiction Community

The Chosen Two Archives

BROWSE BY:

Relationship [279]
Season [232]
Character
Genre

Archive Links:

Twitter
Awards
Tumblr
Links

Site Info

Members: 1538
Series: 20
Stories: 290
Chapters: 1551
Word count: 7910064
Authors: 59
Reviews: 2554
Reviewers: 156
Newest Member: Echoecho
 

Search





Return to Sunnydale by Faithful_chickie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

PART 1 - Adjusting

Buffy unpacked while her mom sat on the bed looking at the little monkey. "I'm sorry, sweetie. What did you say his name is?"

"Mr. Peepers." The slayer carefully pulled Faith's jacket from her suitcase. She laid it on her chair so when she went to bed it would be easily accessible.

Mrs. Summers glanced over. "Honey, is that your jacket? I don't remember that one."

"Uh… yeah. Willow and Xander gave it to me a long time ago." Buffy went over to the bed and picked up the tiny monkey. He was trying to play peek-a-boo with Mrs. Summers, but she wasn't playing along.

"What's he doing?" Joyce tilted her head and looked at the monkey.

"He wants to play peek-a-boo." Buffy gave him a kiss and headed out of her room. "Mom, do you have something I can feed him?"

"Yes. I think we can give him some oatmeal. Does he like oatmeal?" Joyce followed her daughter down to the kitchen.

"Mom, I wouldn't know. We didn't exactly have oatmeal." Buffy laughed as she sat Mr. Peepers down in the high chair. Her mom had dragged it up from the basement shortly after they arrived. "I can't believe you still have this thing."

"What? I figured I would have grandchildren someday. Granted I thought they'd be a little less hairy." Joyce smiled at the little monkey. "But he seems sweet enough."

Mr. Peepers clapped and put his bowl on his head.

"Mom, will you get him the oatmeal? I need to call Willow. I think everyone is coming over for dinner tonight. God, I hope she didn't invite Riley already." Buffy frowned slightly as she picked up the phone.

"Why dear? I thought you liked that boy." Mrs. Summers offered the little monkey a cookie, while his oatmeal was cooking. Mr. Peepers' eyes got big as he reached for it. He hadn't had cookies for ages.

Buffy patted his head and turned away. "I just need time."

*****

Faith stood peering through the bars. They would be letting her out soon, but she knew she was too weak to make a break for it. Doped up and hungry was no way to fight. Sighing, the brunette settled back in the corner to wait. She didn't have long.

"Ahhh… Faith, so good of you to join us by waking up." The young watcher crouched by the cage. "Are you hungry?"

"What do you think, you asswipe?!" The slayer growled, reaching through the bars and grabbing him.

"Get her off me! Get her off me!" He screamed in terror as Quentin and the others entered the room.

Faith laughed and tossed him back. "Is this the best that you got?! Pretty sad there, Alfred!" She snickered and went back to her corner to sit down.

"Faith, that kind of behavior will not help you." Quentin warned, pulling a chair up and sitting down. He studied the sneering slayer carefully. "I would hate to have to use shock therapy on you."

"Listen, I ain't doing nothing until I know Buffy is okay!" Faith crossed her arms over her chest. "I'll make you deal."

"I don't think you're in any position to negotiate." One of the other watchers stepped forward.

But Quentin held up his hand. "No, I'm interested in hearing this deal."

Faith stood up and moved to the front of her cage. "You want to rehabilitate me or whatever, right?"

"Yes. That was the plan." Quentin watched her with great interest.

"Well, I'll go along with all your crap if you prove to me that Buffy is okay. Prove it and I'll cooperate." The slayer squeezed the bars, tense with worry. What if he refused? Then she'd have to fight them. There was no way that she could go on without knowing what became of Buffy.

"Okay, Faith. We'll prove that Miss Summers is healthy and back in Sunnydale. But you must complete the program and follow all the rules. This is truly your last chance, Faith." Quentin warned her, waiting for her to agree to the terms.

"Fine."

Mr. Travers nodded toward the guard. Her cage was unlocked.

PART 2 - Separated

"Hold your arms up. That's right Mr. Peepers." Willow held her up arms and the little monkey imitated. Quickly, Tara got the measuring tape around his chest. She read off the measurement and Mrs. Summers marked it down.

Buffy walked into the bedroom. "What are you guys doing?"

"Taking his measurements, dear." Mrs. Summers pointed to the baby clothes on the bed. "Willow and Tara bought him a few things to wear but they don't fit as well as they could. I thought I would make some adjustments."

"Oh brother!" The blonde rolled her eyes and headed downstairs to answer the door.

"Hi Buffy." Riley smiled and held out the flowers he had brought her.

"Riley, um… hi." Buffy hesitantly reached for the flowers. "You shouldn't have."

"Well, I thought now that you've had a chance to get settled I could take you out tonight. We can go to dinner… and talk. We haven't really had a chance to talk yet." The farm boy noted.

"No, we really haven't." The slayer headed into the kitchen with the flowers. As she arranged them in a vase she spoke. "Riley, there are some things that I need to tell you."

"Good. Have dinner with me tonight, and we'll discuss them." Riley smiled and nodded as Mrs. Summers walked into the room. He frowned when he noticed the tiny monkey holding Joyce's hand. "Wow, I'm surprised you're letting Buffy keep that animal. I hear monkeys can be really difficult pets."

"Oh, I don't know about that. He's been a delight so far." Mrs. Summers smirked and leaned close, whispering. "Besides, I get the feeling he thinks he's a person." Joyce chuckled as Mr. Peepers ran to the cookie jar.

Crossing her arms over her chest, Buffy leaned back against the counter. "Fine. Pick me up at seven."

Riley's face lit up as he bent down to give Buffy a kiss. The little monkey shrieked loudly and pushed Riley away from Buffy. Nobody was to kiss his blonde mommy except his dark haired mommy. Mr. Peepers screeched until she bent down and picked him up. "Sorry Riley. He's a little possessive, aren't you baby?"

Riley scowled as the slayer kissed the monkey on his cheek; the little simian turned and stuck out his tongue at the Iowa farm boy.

*****

Faith sat at the table, poking her food with a displeased expression.

"Is there something wrong, Faith?" Quentin studied the young slayer with some annoyance.

"Yeah. What is this crap?!"

"Your dinner. Eat it or you can go to your room." Smith snapped.

"Who died and made you boss?!" Faith glared across the table at the younger council member.

"Enough! Eat your dinner, Faith." Quentin instructed, pointing to her plate. "It's very healthy food. We want you in tip top shape for training."

"Yeah?! Well screw this! I'm not doing anything until I have proof Buffy is safe." The dark haired beauty stood up and crossed her arms over her chest.

"And what would constitute enough proof?" Mr. Travers asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Lemme talk to her on the phone. I know Buffy's voice."

"I'm sorry I can't allow that." Quentin pointed to Faith's chair. "Sit down."

"Bite me!" Faith picked up her plate and flung it at him. "The deal was that I get to talk to Buffy."

"No, Faith. The deal was that we provide proof that Miss Summers is alive and well back in Sunnydale. There was never any intention of letting you reestablish contact. I'm afraid that would be detrimental to your rehabilitation. Miss Summers isn't exactly a model slayer." Quentin brushed the food from his jacket, glancing back up at the outraged brunette. "Take her to her room."

"Fuck you!" Faith screamed as six councilmen pounced on her, one of them brandishing a syringe with tranquilizers. *Ugh!* Faith groaned as she felt the needle go in. Her last thought was that Buffy would be so pissed if she knew how high they've been getting her.

PART 3 - Dealing But Not Well

Buffy sat fidgeting so Riley reached across the table and took her hand. They had just ordered dinner, and now that it was time to talk Buffy suddenly wished that she was elsewhere.

"Buffy, what is it? I'm ready to listen." He held her hand gently, giving her a reassuring smile.

"It's just that things feel different. I don't know that I'm ready to pick up where we've left off." The slayer peered up at him, guiltily.

"I don't understand. What has changed? I've waited for you. I've been faithful." Desperation crept into his voice.

"Riley, that's not the problem. It's just that things have changed for me." Buffy struggled to explain. "I was gone almost a year, and I didn't know if I was ever coming home."

The soldier's face changed. He let go of Buffy's hand. "You mean you weren't faithful?!"

Buffy looked down. "No, I wasn't."

"Who?! Who was it?! It was that one native who followed you like a puppy, wasn't it?! What was his name?… Malaki, wasn't it?!" He spit the accusation venomously.

"Huh?" The little slayer shook her head. "No, it wasn't Malaki or any of the natives."

"I don't understand." Riley paused, obviously puzzled.

Buffy took a deep breath, preparing to tell him, but just at that moment Anya and Xander walked up.

"Hey, you two." Xander grabbed a chair and sat down. "Do you guys mind if we join you? The place is really crowded and we don't have reservations."

Before Riley could object, Buffy waved for them to sit down.

*****

Handing Mrs. Summers the bowl of popcorn, Willow took a seat on the floor next to her girlfriend. "What movies did we get?"

"Wizard of Oz and Dr. Dolittle." Tara nodded toward the tiny monkey. "I was trying to pick something that Mr. Peepers would enjoy too."

"Ooh, I don't know about the Wizard of Oz. Aren't the monkeys in that movie evil?" The red head glanced back him and smiled. Mr. Peepers looked so cute. He was wearing a little cotton nightshirt and a sleeping cap.

Sitting contently in Joyce's lap, he munched his popcorn while clutching his new doll. The witches had been unable to resist and had bought him a Curious George doll despite Buffy's objections. The little slayer was worried that Mr. Peepers might become overly spoiled and demanding. But so far it appeared that the tiny monkey was taking all the attention in stride.

Tara handed her girlfriend the tape. "You've got a point. Put in Dr. Dolittle."

As soon as the credits started Mr. Peepers clapped and screeched with excitement. The magic box was new to him, but he liked to look at it. And now he got to stay up late with all his new mommies to look at the pictures on the box and eat snacks. Mr. Peepers was delighted with his new home, and new friends.

*****

Riley got out off the car and walked Buffy to the porch to say goodnight. Xander and Anya were in the back seat since he had offered to give them a ride. "No sense in walking when I can give you a ride." Now the soldier wanted to kick himself for saying those words. He and Buffy still hadn't gotten any time to really talk and now the date was over. It was apparent that the blonde was itching to go inside.

"Wait." Riley turned her around at the door. "Where do we stand?"

"I don't know. It's all too much for me right now, Riley. And I don't think it's fair to ask you to wait." Buffy felt terribly guilty at the pain she saw in his eyes. He was a good guy, and he always treated her well.

"Buffy, that doesn't matter to me. I've waited this long. A few more weeks or months won't matter. As long as I can still see you and be in your life, you can tell me when you're ready. I'll always be here for you." He pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

Crouching low, the councilman kept the video camera trained on the couple as he was supposed to do. A sound off to his left distracted him, and he lowered the camera. Something was creeping toward him in the bushes. He quickly slipped the lens cap on and headed for his car.

Buffy stepped back and pushed at Riley. "What do you think you're doing?! I tell you that I'm not ready and you grab me and pull me against you to make out!!! What's wrong with you?!" The little slayer had to hold back from hitting him. *Ugh! You've got a lot of nerve!* Her green eyes flashed her outrage as she took in his wounded look.

"But Buffy… Things couldn't have changed that much! If you just give us a chance… Look, I'm sorry. Please, think about it. I still love you." With that the Iowa boy turned and left, somewhat heart-broken but still hopeful.

Buffy shook her head as she entered the house. She needed to see him again. She had to tell him. She felt that she owed him that. Wiping her eyes, the little blonde went up to her room. *God, I miss Faith… so much…*

Collapsing on her bed, she grabbed her pillow and used it to muffle her sobs. It was her 'before bed' cry, not to be confused with her 'first thing in the morning' sob, or her 'midday' bawl. If only she new what had happened to Faith's body, maybe, she could get Willow to try a resurrection spell. *But that would be wrong… but I don't care… I just want my Faithy back…* Buffy wailed, burying her face further into the pillow. Eventually exhaustion would give her the peace of sleep.

PART 4 - Can't Move On

"Buffy, come here. I have a surprise for you." Faith grabbed the blonde's hand and led her onto the beach. Mr. Peepers stood outside in his grass skirt, and Elei sat next to him with a drum. "Go ahead, kid."

Elei softly tapped the drum while the tiny monkey stood up and did a little hula dance.

Buffy squealed with delight. "I can't believe you taught him the hula." She rushed over and hugged Faith, raining kisses all over her face. "Do you know how much I love you both?!" Buffy asked, her eyes sparkling as Faith shrugged. "You silly! Of course I totally love you and Mr. Peepers. You two are my family now."

"Wake up, Faith!" There was a loud banging sound. Faith opened her eyes to see Smith peering into her cage. "Time to train."

*****

The little slayer awoke with a start. She had been dreaming that she was back on the island with Faith.

Slowly, she crawled from her bed and carried Faith's jacket to her closet. Hanging the jacket every morning and taking it with her to bed every night had become part of her daily ritual.

The slayer froze when she sensed a presence behind her. Spinning around Buffy let out a sigh of relief. "Mom! You scared me."

"Sorry sweetie. I just came up to see if you wanted breakfast." Joyce leaned against the doorframe, watching her daughter with worry.

"No thank you. Not hungry. Besides, I was going to take Mr. Peepers to the park." Buffy headed toward the spare room to collect the little monkey.

"Oh, I didn't know you had plans. I've let the girls take him to the Magic Shop." Mrs. Summers followed Buffy into the room and began straightening it.

"Ugh! I wish you hadn't let them. If he breaks something I'll never hear the end of it from Anya." The blonde rushed to her own room to get dressed.

"I'm sorry dear. But actually it was Anya that asked the girls to bring him over. Apparently she had some work for him." Joyce folded Mr. Peepers' tiny pajamas.

"Work?! Mother, he's a monkey!" Buffy became exasperated. "I need to borrow the car. I hope he hasn't broken anything yet!" The little slayer quickly pulled on her jeans and headed out.

*****

"This shelf, Mr. Peepers." Anya pointed to the top shelf as the tiny monkey clambered up the bookcase holding the book.

He looked back at her and when she nodded the monkey placed the book on the shelf then came down for another. They both turned at the sound of the bell.

"There you are. I hope you haven't been bothering Anya too much." Buffy held out her arms and the little monkey made his way over, excited.

"No, not at all. Mr. Peepers was just helping out. I can't exactly reach the top shelves on these bookcases so he was putting these books up for me. Oh, and not to worry. I intended on paying him." Anya smiled proudly.

"Thank you, but I don't think a monkey has much use for cash." Buffy smirked as she noticed the cookie monster t-shirt and tiny overalls he was wearing.

"No, not cash. Xander is going to build him a jungle gym thingy or something. Your mom asked him to do it so I thought he could just work it off."

Buffy chuckled as she held the little monkey up. "How does that sound to you? Do you want to work with Anya?"

Mr. Peepers nodded his head vigorously and gestured toward something behind the counter. Buffy turned to see what he was motioning at.

"Oh, he wants a cookie. That's were I keep them." Anya explained as she went over to get the monkey a treat. "You know, I rather like having him. He's very good company."

The little slayer turned and gave her a strange look.

"He's not all judgmental like everyone else. I can say whatever I want with him, and he just listens." The ex-demon smiled as she handed the monkey a cookie.

"Anya, I don't mean to belittle your bond with Mr. Peepers, but you have noticed that he is a monkey?"

"They understand a lot more than you think. Don't you little guy?" Anya gave a pleased look when the monkey nodded. "Now when I was a vengeance demon…"

Buffy interrupted. "That's great Anya. In fact, if you don't mind I'd like for you to watch him a little longer. There's something I've been putting off doing."

"No, go right ahead. I'd be happy to keep him here working." Anya went back to her stack of books and Mr. Peepers followed.

"Thanks Anya. I'll be back as soon as I can." With that, Buffy left.

*****

Knocking again, the little blonde peered through the window. "Come on, be home." She muttered impatiently.

"Buffy, hi."

"We need to talk."

PART 5 - Getting the Truth

"Of course." Giles stepped to the side so Buffy could enter. "What is it?"

"I need to know everything that the Council told you. Something here doesn't fit." Buffy noticed the watcher's confused expression. "Giles, I need to know what happened to Faith."

"I don't have much detail. I was informed that an extraction team was sent to the island, and a fight ensued. During which, Faith was shot." Studying the slayer carefully, Giles noted the little blonde's frustration.

"That's all? That's all you were told?" Buffy sat down with a frown.

"What kind of details are you looking for?"

Remaining quiet for a few moments, deep in thought, the green-eyed beauty stood and paced. Finally, she looked up at her watcher. "They're lying."

*****

"Faith, you're lowering your right again. We're going to try a different exercise." Quentin walked over to the slayer with a blindfold.

"A little kinky there, wouldn't you say?" The brunette arched an eyebrow sardonically.

"That's enough, Faith. Now put this on." He handed her the accessory then checked to see if she had tied it tight. "Good. Now just block Smith's punches."

"Whatever." Faith stood in the middle of the ring, hands up and waiting. Quentin signaled Smith, and the councilman came at her full force. Easily blocking every punch the slayer finished with a kick to Smith's head. Laughing, she pulled off the blindfold. "Sorry, did that hurt?"

Smith merely glared but got to his feet.

"Good show Faith. Lunchtime." Quentin held the door for the stunning brunette, smiling as she passed by and headed for the dinning area. She was doing quite well. He couldn't be more pleased with his decision. Keeping her alive looked as though it would pay off after all.

*****

Tara and Willow entered the shop, carrying several shopping bags. They were pleased to find Anya still in a good mood. "How is he doing?" Willow glanced up at the little monkey who was perched on a high shelf with a feather duster.

Anya peered over at Mr. Peepers. "Great. He's helped me rearrange the books so the least used are on the higher shelves, and he's been dusting all the places I can't reach."

Mr. Peepers put down his duster and clambered excitedly over to the two witches. The red head scooped him up and hugged him. "How are you doing, Mr. Peepers?"

The monkey gestured toward the counter. Anya rolled her eyes. "He wants another cookie, I imagine." Wearily, the demon handed him another Oreo.

He took the cookie apart and handed half to Willow.

"Awww… how sweet." Tara cooed, taking the monkey from her girlfriend. "Honey, let's take him home, and try on these new things we bought for him. Then afterwards we can take him to our apartment to meet Miss Kitty Fantastico."

The monkey quietly nibbled his cookie while the two witches decided their afternoon.

"Wait. Buffy, said she was going to come back for him. She just had an errand to run or something. I'm not sure what. But she definitely said she was returning to pick him up." Anya protested.

"Well Anya, when she comes back just tell her that we took him home." Willow held out her hand and the tiny monkey took it, following them out.

Anya called after them. "Thank you, Mr. Peepers. You did good work today."

*****

"True that they haven't been the most reliable source of late, but what makes you believe that they're lying?" Giles watched his little slayer with concern. She hadn't really been the same since her return. He was starting to worry.

"Giles, I was on that beach. There was no sign of a fight or a struggle… just her blood drying in the sand." Buffy sat down heavily.

"You think they murdered her in cold blood?" The ex-librarian removed his glasses and began cleaning them.

"It's possible. After all, the plane crash was a set up. They tried to kill both of us, Giles."

"Buffy, I heard about that. Those members who hatched the plot have been removed from the council and imprisoned. I believe, Quentin Travers intention never was to hurt either of you. His wish to rehabilitate Faith was genuine." Giles picked up the phone. "However there are calls I can make. Perhaps we can better surmise what happened if we had more details."

Buffy nodded and gave him a hug. "Thank you. I have to go. Just stop by my house later, and let me know what you've found out?"

As soon as Buffy stepped out Giles' door, she was greeted by Riley.

"Hi, I thought I might find you here."

"I don't have time right now, Riley. I have to get back to the Magic Box and pick up Mr. Peepers." Buffy frowned when she noticed the soldier tense up. "You really don't like him, do you?"

Shrugging, the farm boy fell in step with her. "I'll walk you there. I was hoping we'd have another chance to talk. Anya and Xander kind of interrupted something last night."

"Yes. Yes, they did. I guess now is as good a time as any." The slayer gestured for him to accompanying her.

PART 6 - Riley's Reaction

Pushing his hands deep into his pockets, Riley turned to face her. "Buffy, I know why you told me you were unfaithful. You were just scared and trying to hold me at an arm's length. I know you, and I know what's really bothering you. You're still upset about me sleeping with Faith when she was in your body."

Buffy looked away. "Yes. But not for the reason that you think."

"Let me make it up to you, I swear she meant nothing. It wasn't even good." Riley floundered.

"Now you're just lying." The slayer strode on, agitated.

"Buffy, come on. You can't tell me that you were sleeping with another man on that island, because there weren't any. You already said it wasn't any of the natives so unless it was Xander or one of the crew on the way back, you couldn't have been unfaithful to me." Riley grabbed her shoulders and turned her toward him.

"You're right. I wasn't sleeping with another man." Her gaze was steadfast. "It was Faith."

*****

Tara and Willow carried Mr. Peepers into their apartment. They set him down cautiously and watched while the two animals studied each other. Miss Kitty Fantastico crouched nervously, and Mr. Peepers backed away.

"Awww… it's okay, Miss Kitty. Come here." Tara knelt down and began petting the frightened cat. The little monkey held onto Willow's leg but looked on with great interest.

"Mr. Peepers pet the kitty." Willow brought him over and encouraged the monkey as he stuck his tiny hand out hesitantly. "That's right. Kitty likes it."

Mr. Peepers gently stroked the kitty's fur. The cat meowed and rubbed against him, intriguing the tiny monkey who screeched with delight. He picked the small cat up and hugged it, petting her more vigorously.

"Careful, Mr. Peepers. Don't scare the kitty." Tara took the cat from his arms and set her back down. The witches were surprised to see the little cat follow after the monkey. Mr. Peepers went to their bags and retrieved his half eaten Oreo. Holding it out, he offered the cookie to the small feline.

Miss Kitty merely sniffed it and meowed.

"Oh that's sweet. But Miss Kitty doesn't like cookies. Here Mr. Peepers you can give her one of her snacks." Tara held out the tin with the kitty treats, causing the little cat to meow loudly and rub against the monkey. Mr. Peepers carefully opened the can and removed one. Sniffing it first, he held it out for the kitty.

Miss Kitty accepted the treat enthusiastically. "Look they're friends." Willow noted gleefully as she hugged her girlfriend.

*****

Riley grabbed the little blonde, roughly shoving her. "Now you're lying!"

She considered him with an icy stare. "No, I'm not. I fell in love with Faith. We were together and happy. And if I thought for one second I could have her back if I'd stayed, I'd still be on that island."

"Buffy, how could you?! After all she'd done to you, and you… you just sleep with her. It's sick and wrong!" The soldier's face turned red with rage. "So you're telling me that you're gay now?!"

Buffy suddenly seemed less resolute. "I don't know. I mean, there's only been Faith. And she's still the only one I want." The slayer covered her face with her hands. "But she's dead. Everything is so confusing right now."

Riley saw his chance and took Buffy into his arms. "It's okay. I understand you were lonely and confused. It couldn't have meant anything."

The small slayer stepped away from him. "Yes, it did. It meant everything to me." Buffy began to sob in earnest. "And I didn't really ever tell her that."

Riley glanced around at the people staring. "Come on, let's get you home. Someone else can go pick up the monkey later."

*****

Giles' expression changed. "Are you sure that a new slayer hasn't been called?!" He paused and listened carefully to what his informant was saying. "No, that's very curious. I agree. Thank you."

The watcher hung up the phone and went to his books to look up a locating spell.

PART 7 - Riley Returns

Quentin Travers sat down as the councilman popped the tape into the VCR. "I believe this is what you asked for."

The head watcher viewed the tape in silence. "Yes, very good. But it could do with some editing then we will show it to our slayer."

*****

Giles arrived at the Summers' home with a stack of books and some magic supplies. Seeing that the two witches were already there, he sighed with relief and took a seat.

Joyce came out from the kitchen. "Would you like to stay for dinner, Rupert?"

"Yes, thank you. I do need to speak with Buffy." The watcher turned toward Tara. "I also need some help from you and Willow."

The blonde witch nodded and headed upstairs to get the other girls. Mrs. Summers came in carrying a drink for Giles.

"Thank you." He accepted the drink, then smiled widely as the tiny monkey came in behind her carrying a tray with hors d'oeuvres. Mr. Peepers held it out, offering them both a stuffed mushroom. "Did he fix them too?"

"Goodness no. This was Willow's idea. She wanted to put a bib on him like an apron and the rest sort of fell in place." The two adults chuckled as the monkey put the tray down and took a seat between them.

"He's quite a character." Giles picked the monkey up and looked at him closely. He wanted to make sure that it didn't look possessed. It seemed far brighter than it should be.

The monkey raised his eyebrows up and down a few times then stuck his fingers in the corners' of his mouth pulling his lips into a silly wide grin before sticking out his tongue. The doorbell rang, distracting them. Giles set the monkey back down and watched with great amusement as the little creature followed Joyce to the door.

"Oh, Riley. Hello. Was Buffy expecting you?" Mrs. Summers gestured for him to come in.

"Yes. I dropped her off earlier and promised to come back after my meeting. Is she upstairs?" The soldier noticed the monkey with some annoyance. The tiny simian ran from the room shrieking.

"Yes. But she'll be down in a moment. Giles is waiting for her." Joyce led him to the other room before heading back into the kitchen with Mr. Peepers.

"Hi." Riley gave a pleasant smile as he took a seat next to the watcher just then the two witches bounded down the stairs.

"Hi." Willow gave a wave before taking a seat. She grinned as the little monkey rushed from the kitchen carrying the platter again. "Tara said you needed to see us."

"Yes and Buffy too. We need to do a location spell. There are some unanswered questions involving Faith's disappearance. I'm not so certain that she's dead." The watcher sat forward accepting another stuffed mushroom from the monkey. "Thank you." He smiled as the monkey rushed over to Tara and Willow with the plate and held it out. Each of the witches took one, the little monkey glanced back at Riley and hesitated, before finally bringing the tray to him.

The farm boy glanced at the others uncomfortably as he shooed the monkey away. "It just doesn't seem very hygienic." Mr. Peepers stuck out his tongue at Riley then headed back toward the kitchen. Joyce was calling him.

Riley peered over at the watcher. "Giles, I don't think that you should tell Buffy anything until you're certain. There's no reason to make her anymore scattered than she already is."

Giles studied Riley carefully. "Perhaps you're right." He turned back toward the witches. "Let's wait until we've found out something concrete." They both exchanged a look, but nodded in agreement.

They became quiet as they heard Buffy coming down the stairs. "Hey, you wanted to see me?" The slayer eagerly took a seat on the other side of Giles. Confused by his sudden throat clearing, she glanced around at the others, but no one was talking.

"I haven't found anything out yet." Giles removed his spectacles to clean them.

"Oh." Buffy seemed rather deflated. Coming quickly from the kitchen, Mr. Peepers appeared again with the hors d'oeuvres. "Awww… how cute. You and Tara bought him an apron." She picked the little monkey up and kissed him as she pulled him onto her lap.

"No, actually it's a bib. His waist is too small for an apron." Tara explained, chuckling when the tiny monkey reached back and untied it. He handed it to Buffy to look at.

Riley watched the scene with some annoyance. "Buffy, you never did tell us how you ended up with him." He gestured to Mr. Peepers. The monkey clung tighter to Buffy.

"Faith caught him for me." Buffy lifted him and cooed. "Didn't she? Dark haired mommy brought you home. Yes, she did." She gave him a kiss before placing him back down and heading for the kitchen.

Mr. Peepers and Riley looked at each other. The monkey screeched and ran over to Willow.

"That's very strange. He seems afraid of you." Giles noted, slightly confused by the rather friendly simian's reaction. "Huh?"

Mr. Peepers reached out and picked up a stuffed mushroom, flinging it at Riley. The soldier struggled with his sudden urge to violently strike the tiny monkey. Knowing Faith had given him to Buffy, didn't make it any easier either, luckily the red head intervened.

"No!" Willow snatched him up and wagged her finger. "That was very naughty. You're going to get a time out for that." She walked toward the stairs with her girlfriend following.

"He must need a nap." Tara suggested. The three disappeared upstairs.

Riley immediately walked toward the kitchen, wiping at his shirt. "Buffy, can I have a towel, please?"

"What happened?" Joyce came out, offering him a dishtowel.

"Nothing really. The monkey just got a little crazy and started throwing food around."

"Oh dear! I just had this carpet cleaned." Mrs. Summers scowled before turning to go back into the kitchen.

As soon as Buffy emerged, Riley trailed after her. "Buffy, can we have a moment?" He nodded his head toward the front door. "In private."

The little blonde let an exasperated sigh as she followed him out.

*****

Faith lay on the mat, stretching as Quentin came in.

"As promised." The watcher held up the tape. "If you care to join me in the study, Faith, I think we have the proof that you need."

The brunette jumped to her feet, elated. She was going to get to see Buffy. Even if it was only a tape, it was something.

PART 8 - Faith Sees the Tape

Eagerly the slayer took a seat. She turned and gave Quentin a look of gratitude. He merely nodded for them to start the tape. Faith sat back with a smile as the screen was filled with the scoobies and Buffy. The small slayer was holding Mr. Peepers and buying him an ice cream cone.

Faith could feel her eyes fill with tears as she watched the next scene with them at the park. *Buffy was okay!* She choked back her tears and glanced at the head watcher. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it, Faith. I'm glad to see that Buffy being well and back with her friends makes you happy. That's a sign of real progress. Perhaps if things continue to go this well, I may rethink my stance on Miss Summers." He stood up and removed the tape, handing it to Faith. "You may hang on to this. There's a VCR in your room if you care to watch the rest."

Travers smiled as the young slayer raced from the room with the tape. He turned and looked at Smith who sneered.

"You cut out the part with the boy, didn't you?!" The councilman angrily accused.

Quentin replied rather dryly. "I would watch your tone if I were you, Smith. Many on the Council were never quite convinced of your innocence in that last fiasco. I shouldn't want to believe that you wish harm to either of the slayers."

Smith stammered, nervously. "Of course not. It's just that the part with Miss Summers kissing that boy would have played well into our hands. Isn't keeping them apart the plan?!"

"Not necessarily. Faith has changed quite a bit and for the better, I might add. So we must ask ourselves what could have inspired such a remarkable transformation." Quentin stood up to leave. "And of course, it always comes back to Miss Summers. Better our slayer is happy and hopeful. It will give her goals to work toward. Seeing Miss Summers again would still be the ultimate prize. That Mr. Smith is what gives us control and loyalty." With that Travers left to go prepare for their evening training.

*****

Faith sat in her room, watching the tape over and over. Tears ran down her cheeks as she gazed at Buffy's image. *Damn! I love you so much.* She traced Buffy's lips on the screen, leaning her forehead against the tv.

The tape was so wonderful. It was all happy scenes. Although Faith knew Buffy well enough to sense the air of sadness about the other slayer. She perceived that as a possible good. *Maybe she misses me too.*

Faith rewound the tape and played it again. It was filled with images of the scoobies and Buffy doing all sorts of things… shopping, playing with Mr. Peepers, and having dinner with Mrs. Summers. One thing Faith couldn't help but notice was the absence of Riley. She beamed when Quentin opened the door.

"Are you ready for a spot of training?"

"I'm your girl." Faith jumped to her feet and grabbed her jacket.

Smith stood in the doorway glaring at the group as they left with Faith. This wasn't going at all the way he had intended. It was time for some active interference on his part. The councilman stormed out of the mansion, prepared to bring in assistance.

*****

"Yes? What is it, Riley? You want to vent some more?" Buffy wearily took a seat. She was trying to be understanding and fair toward her former boyfriend, but it was becoming a greater struggle with each passing moment.

"No, that's not it." He sat next to her on the porch swing and took her hand. "I want to tell you that I forgive you. And that I will wait for you to readjust to your life back in Sunnydale, because you will. You'll adjust, Buffy. Maybe this thing with Faith was just a fluke. It doesn't matter though. She's gone, but I'm still here. I know you don't want to be alone. You need somebody who loves and understands you, and I still do."

Riley forced back his guilt over deceiving the little slayer. She looked so broken-hearted when he mentioned that Faith was gone. But this was for the best, even if Faith was still alive, they didn't belong together. Buffy belonged with someone who truly loved her and could take care of her like he would.

Buffy fought back her tears as she thought about the possibility of Faith really being gone forever. *No, Giles will find out!* She shoved at him and tried to stand. But the farm boy pulled her into his arms easily, she was sobbing too hard to fight him.

A creaking sound to his right caught his attention; he spun around to see Spike perched up against a tree, smoking.

The vampire pushed off and walked toward them. "You alright, slayer?" He tilted his head as he took in Buffy's tear stained face.

"Get lost, Spike!" The Iowa boy growled fiercely.

Buffy couldn't miss the venom in Riley's tone. It surprised her slightly. She pulled away and looked toward the vampire. "Yes, I'm fine. Thanks." With that the slayer got up and went into the house. Leaving the two men standing on the porch glaring at one another.

*****

Willow took a seat next to Giles. "When do you want to do that spell?"

"Tomorrow." The watcher pushed the pile of books toward the little red head and sat back, wondering at all the strange behavior among the group. They obviously all knew something that he wasn't privy to.

PART 9 - Best Case Scenario

Spike came into the house and sat down. "Hi Joyce."

"Spike, what a pleasant surprise. Can I offer you a drink?" Mrs. Summers smiled, happy to have another guest. The house had been empty for far too long.

"Yes, that would be swell." He smirked as he noticed Riley's scowl.

They both turned when they heard Buffy's voice. She was coming downstairs, carrying her monkey. The little fellow was wearing the tiniest pair of pants rolled at the cuffs and a t-shirt that had written across it the words, Momma's Boy.

Spike chuckled when he saw the monkey. "Fancy that… You've got a maternal side, slayer." He noticed Riley tense up and grinned. "Give him here." The vampire held out his arms, interested in having a closer look at the monkey.

Mr. Peepers gazed up at him wide-eyed. Spike smelled strange, compared to the others, but the monkey didn't detect any malice so he went willingly into the vampire's arms.

"Aww… would you look at that. He knows who he likes." Spike snickered when he noticed the animal's apparent dislike for Riley. The little monkey was sitting in Spike's lap, but constantly checking on Riley's whereabouts. "It's okay, little fellow. I don't like Captain Cardboard either." The vamp whispered, laughingly.

Mr. Peepers climbed off Spike's lap and headed for the kitchen. He returned carrying the plate of hors d'oeuvres, which he held out for Spike. The vampire was amused at how well trained Buffy had her pet. It made sense though. The slayer always kept everyone on a short leash. Spike reached for a stuffed mushroom, giving the monkey a pat on the head. "That a boy. Behave for your mum."

Riley watched with jealously. Perhaps he was going about this all wrong. If Spike was going to pretend to like the little pest, maybe he should too.

"Hey there, little fellow. I'll take one of those." Riley gestured toward the tiny monkey's serving tray.

Mr. Peepers looked at the farm boy and back at Spike who nodded, encouraging the little monkey's mischief.

Mr. Peepers calmly went to Riley and poured the tray onto his lap. Spike roared with laughter as the soldier leapt up cursing.

"Slayer, where did you get such a fine animal?! I must have one." The bleach blonde held out his arms as the monkey ran to him.

Riley reached toward them, but Spike held him away. "You weren't going to try and hurt him, were you?! Not a big ole boy scout, like yourself!"

The women had run into the room from the kitchen. "What's going on in here?"

"The little guy tripped and dropped the tray and this ponce starts carrying on and scarin' the poor fellow." Spike held the monkey protectively, glaring at the flustered soldier.

"Riley! I'm ashamed of you! He's just a baby!" Buffy took the tiny monkey from the vampire. "Thanks Spike." She headed upstairs with the witches following.

Spike rocked back on his heels, gloating. He was going to have to bring that little animal a present. It gave him such a sense of satisfaction to watch Riley stand there and sputter.

"I've had it with you!" The farm boy reached for Spike, but Giles stood up between the two of them.

"That's enough! You're both acting like children!" The watcher turned and looked at Spike. "Shame on you for encouraging a simple-minded animal to misbehave." He glanced at Riley. "And shame on you for being so easily drawn in. I'm somewhat surprised at your lack of maturity, Riley. Now sit down and be quiet before I throw both of you out!"

The two rivals eyed at each as they took their seats.

*****

Faith went through the factory, staking each vamp with minimal effort. Spinning her stake, she caught the last one and turned around grinning. One of the accompanying watchers marked down her score as they headed back toward the mansion. It was a controlled test so simple enough for the young slayer.

Faith glanced back at Quentin. "So Jeeves, were you serious about maybe letting me talk to Buffy soon? Cause if I do this right I can go back to Sunnydale, can't I?"

Travers smiled as he answered. "The name is Quentin Travers. You may call me, Mr. Travers."

"Okay Q. As I was saying, you're gonna let me go back if I agree to do everything your way, right?"

"I'm considering that option, Faith. However, best case scenario would be if you both worked for the Council again."

"No way, B would ever do it… unless you rehired Giles." Faith unsheathed her sword and hung it in the weapons cabinet. "Well, I'm pretty beat. Goodnight." The brunette raced off to her room to watch to tape of Buffy again.

PART 10 - Dreams Overshadowed By Doubt

Buffy slid further to the edge of the chair, spreading her legs apart. She had just gotten back from an early bath and was still damp and nude, ready for her morning masturbation. The little slayer made sure to wake before Faith so that she'd have plenty of time to play with herself while watching the younger girl sleep. It was one of her many kinky obsessions involving the brunette.

Ever since her and Faith had become lovers, Buffy had started developing strange "Faith fetishes". For instance, Buffy had become fascinated with Faith's mouth. She swiped anything that she saw Faith chew on…. pen caps, buttons, beads, string, absolutely anything. It was easy enough, considering Faith had run out of cigarettes and was suffering through quitting cold turkey. Keeping her mouth occupied seemed to provide the younger slayer with some relief.

All sorts of items, spun and wiggled around between the dark beauty's luscious lips. It was enough to get Buffy's juices going. She would steal peeks and imagine those silky lips sucking on her clit.

Buffy moaned softly as her finger slid along her soaked slit. Spreading even wider she exposed herself completely. At any moment Faith could wake up and catch her in a very naughty act. Buffy whimpered with excitement. She was so close. *Oh yesssss!*

The small slayer held her counterpart's panties to her nose and sniffed. She could still smell Faith's cream on them. Being in charge of the laundry had its advantages. Mainly access to anything that had been on Faith's hot body. Buffy moved her fingers faster. *Oh god, yes!* Her clit slipped back and forth under her well lubed fingers. *Fuck!* Buffy arched her back as the first orgasm hit her.

She loved this part best, cumming and imagining Faith catching her in the act. Buffy bit her bottom lip in ecstasy. *Faith could wake up right now. And I'm masturbating in front of her while sniffing her freshly worn panties…. So bad!!!… Mmmmm…. What would Faithy do?… Crawl over and start licking my pussy, I bet.*

A smile played across Buffy's features as she fantasized. *Faith would bury her face against me…. Oh hell yes!… and she'd lick me up and down and suck my clit… omigod!* Buffy arched up again, pinching her clit and purring. A second orgasm shuddered through her, leaving the green-eyed beauty breathless.

As Faith rolled onto her back, mumbling, Buffy slid to the floor. She stealthily made her way to the brunette sprawled out on her bed. With shaking hands, the chosen one carefully slid back the blanket and spread the toned and tan thighs. *Oh my god! She's so incredible!* Buffy panted as she stroked herself faster.

Aching for a taste, the older girl leaned closer and inhaled Faith's sweet scent. The little slayer wasn't sure what she liked more, going down on her partner or having her partner go down on her. Faith was, after all, amazing at giving her head.

Buffy trembled violently as she opened her mouth and delicately tasted Faith. *Good god, I'll never get tired of this!* She was careful to only steal a few licks, savoring the sticky sweet fluid as it filled her mouth. Faith was already getting so wet. She'd have to stop soon or risk waking the brunette. *Oh, screw it!* The little slayer buried her face into Faith's crotch and indulged.

"Oh my god, yes!" Murmuring her pleasure into Faith's pussy, Buffy fell forward, her body rocked by another incredible orgasm. She couldn't even think anymore… just feel… just taste.

A smile curled her lips as she sucked gently, comforted by the softness, the warmth, the flavor and mostly just the beautiful girl, who amazingly enough, remained asleep. That was something that she really loved about Faith, unless doused with cold water or shouted at she just didn't rouse easily.

As a result, Buffy got to satisfy all her naughty urges. It was intoxicating. In conjunction with their usual marathon of lovemaking, Buffy masturbated at almost every opportunity when she was around Faith.

Concocting elaborate schemes, she'd position herself in Faith's line of sight but just hidden enough so the younger girl couldn't see what she was doing. Interacting with the oblivious brunette, while getting off was exhilarating.

It had become such a gratifying game, that these moments were soon a staple of Buffy's day. She looked forward to it almost as much as their evening lovemaking. Masturbation, a daytime delight. Buffy chuckled before idly wondering if she should worry.

Her depravity did seem to be increasing. She had gotten a taste and now was addicted. Never could she settle for anything less than this complete involvement with Faith. A sobering realization for Buffy. If the 'get some and get gone' girl even sensed commitment, she'd probably go all wiggie.

Buffy's only strategy was to remain cool in all outward appearances. *Can't act too gaga over her.* Hence, Buffy's need to let out some of her excess passion in secret. She couldn't risk the sultry slayer quickly losing interest.

Rolling to the side, she gradually caught her breath. The steady rhythm indicated it was safe to rise. Too many times she had risked fainting trying escape the comprising position before being discovered. Yes, she usually fantasized about Faith catching her, but to actually have it occur, seemed more likely to be humiliating.

Slowly, Buffy lifted herself away from Faith's perfect body. *So hard to do when Faithy's naked….Ugh! Have I ever been so pathetic before?!… No, not even with Angel.* Buffy's smile faded as the girl next to her grew cold.

"Faith!" Jumping up the little blonde looked around her room. She was alone and had soaked through her sheets. Her hand was still firmly planted between her legs. *Only a dream!*

Sighing, Buffy threw back the covers and headed for the shower. *Can't think about this now….*

*****

Faith's eyes popped open. The most delicious image had seared itself to the back of her eyelids. It was of Buffy crouching between her legs to lap at her pussy. *Fuck! What a dream!* Throwing off her blanket, Faith glanced down at herself. Hesitantly, she reached between her legs. *Damn!*

The young slayer was shocked by how wet she had gotten. Her juices soaked the sheets and coated the insides of her thighs. *Wow! Thought only guys had wet dreams.* Faith smirked as she reached down and caressed her clitoris. She imagined Buffy's sweet pussy inches from her mouth. *Christ, she's hot! Mmmmm, Buffy Summers..*

The memories of the gorgeous blonde's husky requests and satiated sighs increased Faith's arousal. She played with her clit, remembering the many times Buffy had fallen asleep sucking it. *Fuck me…* The brunette groaned, squeezing her eyes shut and shivering. *Mmmm… always so good with Buffy. I can't wait to see her again.*

A flicker of doubt edged its way in. *What if B, doesn't want me anymore?!… Off the island, she might actually be straight…. It's not like there's ever a shortage of guys interested.*

Covering her head with a pillow, she tried to snuff out the terrifying thoughts. *What if Buffy's back with the clean marine?… And I didn't see him on the tape because he just wasn't there at the time.* Faith scowled as she realized how brief the tape truly was. Just cause he wasn't in a barely twenty minute tape, didn't mean he wasn't back in Buffy's life.

Faith ran to the bathroom. She barely made it in time, before being sick all over the floor and sink. Falling to her knees, Faith cursed herself. *I must be the biggest sap alive! Of course, B won't want me anymore!*


Chapter Views: 1773




Please note: If you are using IE (particularly IE9) and having problems with the review form, try turning off text editor. Otherwise, try a different browser.