The Chosen Two Archive
A Buffy/Faith Fanfiction Community

The Chosen Two Archives

BROWSE BY:

Relationship [279]
Season [232]
Character
Genre

Archive Links:

Twitter
Awards
Tumblr
Links

Site Info

Members: 1539
Series: 20
Stories: 290
Chapters: 1551
Word count: 7910064
Authors: 59
Reviews: 2554
Reviewers: 156
Newest Member: evesock
 

Search





Is She Over Me? (Like the Stars and the Sun) by MadeInGold New!
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes:

This was originally posted to my AO3, as a fill for the Bad Things Happen Bingo prompt: Love potion/love spell. This is a Cordelia/Buffy story but there's a bit of past/implied Giles/Ethan as well.

Chapter notes:

This is an AU AU where both Buffy and Cordy are single at the beginning of this story. (No Bangel, Cander, etc).

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Cordelia asked. "I mean, this guy is dangerous. Did you forget the whole Halloween thing? And the demon thing? And why do I have to come along?"
"Because everyone else is busy." Buffy said. "Listen. We'll be fine. I go in, kick Ethan's ass, stop whatever stupid plan he has this time, and then we leave."
"How did Giles know Ethan was in town, anyway?" Cordelia asked
"I... I'm not sure. He said something about sensing his magic. I didn't think they were that close, but the whole demon summoning must've really been a bonding experience." Buffy shuddered. "Remind me not to mess with the dark magics."
"Don't have to tell me twice. Halloween was a mess. I nearly ruined my outfit!" Cordelia rolled her eyes.
"People got hurt and all you could think about was... actually, no, you've got a point. Ethan won't be ruining any more outfits once I'm through with him." Buffy said. "Anyway, Giles said that I'm supposed to bring Ethan to him once I'm done beating him up and stopping his evil plan. So he's probably got some kind of a plan to deal with Ethan for good."

Ethan Rayne carefully lit a candle. He had to be very careful with this spell. If his concentration was broken for even a moment, there could be dire consequences. Ethan carefully poured sand in a circle around the candle, then pulled out a spell book and flipped to the right page, and began to chant in Latin. He concentrated on the target of the spell, his old pal Rupert Giles. This was the crucial part of the spell, any loss of concentration now would surely ruin everything. He continued to chant, feeling the magic wash over him, flow through him, as he continued the spell.

"Did you hear something?" Buffy asked, stepping into the abandoned costume shop. "Sounds like chanting."
"Sounds like creepy chanting." Cordelia said.
"Back there!" Buffy whispered. "Quick! He's probably doing the spell now! I'm going to attack when he's distracted."
"Are you sure that's a good idea?"
"Yes!"

Ethan had just about reached the end of the spell, and his magic was just about ready to spill forth and be released into the world... he just had to concentrate a bit longer...
Someone tackled him from behind. His magic went wild, veering off course.
"Oh, no." Ethan mumbled, as he looked up. It was worse than he had feared. The Slayer and another girl... were kissing.


In the library, Giles couldn't believe what he was seeing. "Good heavens! What's happened to you two?"
"Nothing, Giles." Buffy said, brushing a strand of hair out of Cordelia's eyes, before leaning in for another quick kiss.
"We ran into your old pal Ethan." Cordelia said.
"Yeah, the guy who messed with us on Halloween." Buffy said.
"What happened? What did he do? Did you catch him?" Giles asked. If Ethan was back in town, that could only mean trouble.
"He got away." Buffy shrugged. "But I'm pretty sure we stopped whatever evil spell he was about to cast."
"I'm not so sure about that." Giles said, wondering if any of his books could help him to break the spell that so clearly had a hold over Cordelia and Buffy.
"Why, did something else happen? Giles, are you alright? I know you and Ethan have some kind of history." Buffy said.
"It's not me that I'm worried about." Giles said.
"Well, who are you worried about, then?" Cordelia asked.
"I'm afraid that would be the two of you." Giles said, frantically flipping through a book. There had to be something in one of them...
"Aw, Giles, that's sweet. But you don't have to worry about us." Buffy said. "Cordelia and I are just fine! He didn't hurt us."
"Yes, I can see that." Giles said. "Right, then. Why don't you two go take the rest of the day off? I doubt Ethan will show himself again so soon. I just want to do a little research on what sort of spell he might have been doing. Do either of you remember anything that might be helpful? Did he say anything, or were there any items that could be used in a ritual laying about?"
"He had a candle, and some sand in a circle. And a big ol' creepy spellbook." Cordelia said. "Really creepy chanting, too."
"It was in some foreign language. Maybe Latin or Greek or something." Buffy supplied.
"Very interesting. That's quite helpful. Alright, that will be all." Giles said, returning to his books.


Cordelia's lips were soft, and her hands sat lightly on Buffy's waist. Buffy honestly wasn't sure why she hadn't tried kissing Cordelia before, because it felt so right.
"I just, I feel so much more open now, you know? More free to be myself. Am I making sense?" Cordelia said, taking Buffy's hand. They were sitting outside in the courtyard.
"No, I get it. I feel the same way." Buffy said. "Ever since...well, since this morning... I've felt like I didn't have to hide anymore. Like I could just... let go of everything I've been trying to repress."
"Well, I for one think that's great!" Cordelia said. "I'm really happy. With you, I mean."
"Definitely." Buffy agreed.


Ethan was in a panic. He wasn't quite sure why the Slayer had started kissing her companion (but he had an idea as to why), but suffice it to say that Giles was not going to be pleased if he found out. Ethan's
Ethan rummaged around in his supplies. He could reverse the spell, but he was going to have to find the Slayer and the other girl in order to do it. They would probably be together, so he just had to find one of them. How hard could it be?

He couldn't find them, of course. Which only left Ethan one option: confess to Giles what he'd done.


"You put a love spell on my Slayer?" Giles spluttered. "Really, Ethan! I can't believe this. Well, actually, I can, given your history."
"I want to help fix it." Ethan said. "You can trust me on this one."
"No, I really can't. But, you had better fix it, if you know what's good for you." Giles said, his voice getting low and dangerous. "Why were you attempting to cast a love spell, anyway?"
"About that." Ethan said. "Let me explain."
Ethan explained.
"Oh. Oh." Giles said. "So that means..."
"Exactly." Ethan said. "Come now, let's de-spell your Slayer, shall we?"


"I can't believe this!" Cordelia shouted. "You! You love spelled me! I spent all day locking lips with Buffy because of you! Uncool, weird, Slayer-y Buffy! My reputation is ruined!"
"Trust me, I didn't exactly enjoy kissing you either." Buffy muttered.
"Oh, but I think you did." Ethan said. Giles shot him a warning look, but nonetheless, Ethan continued. "The spell I cast was a love spell, yes. It would make the targets act... well, quite affectionately, as you two discovered. But it would only work if there were already romantic feelings there. Specifically, repressed feelings."
"Which is why Ethan was trying to cast it on me." Giles said.
"Wait. Giles. Did you and Ethan...? Ew! You're both old! That's gross!" Buffy made a face.
"Yes, we had what you young people might refer to as 'a thing'." Giles sighed, taking his glasses off to clean them. "It was a long time ago. What? I can't have a private life?"
"No! You're my watcher, and did you miss the part where you're old and it's gross?" Buffy said.
"Well, I think I've had enough fun for one day." Ethan said, turning to go. "Think I'll be going."
"Oh, no you don't." Giles said, grabbing Ethan's arm. "You're coming with me."
"So you do still want me." Ethan chuckled.
"No, I want to make sure you don't cause any other trouble." Giles glared, as he tugged on Ethan's arm.
Ethan willingly went with him. "I think I could get behind that plan."
"Oh, do shut up." Giles rolled his eyes.


"So. We should probably talk about the elephant in the room." Buffy said, once she and Cordelia were alone.
"Yeah." Cordelia said. "Is it true? Do you really... feel things for me? Besides intense jealousy of my superiority, I mean."
"I... well, I really liked it when I was kissing you." Buffy admitted.
"It wasn't terrible." Cordelia agreed.
"Careful. That almost sounded like a compliment." Buffy said.
"Yeah, well, don't let it go to your head." Cordelia rolled her eyes.
"Trust me, not gonna be an issue." Buffy said. "So... what do we do? Now. I mean. About this... thing we have?"
"Well, maybe we could, I don't know, go on a date?" Cordelia asked, suddenly sounding nervous.
"Sounds like a plan." Buffy said. "The Bronze work for you?"
"Tonight?" Cordelia asked
"It's a date." Buffy said. "Hang on, I just want to try something real quick. See if kissing you feels just as good when we're not under the influence of Ethan's wacky seduce-my-watcher love spell."
Buffy leaned in and kissed Cordelia deeply.
"So. Was it as good?" Cordelia asked.
"No." Buffy said. "It was better."

 


Chapter Views:




Please note: If you are using IE (particularly IE9) and having problems with the review form, try turning off text editor. Otherwise, try a different browser.