The Chosen Two Archive
A Buffy/Faith Fanfiction Community

The Chosen Two Archives

BROWSE BY:

Relationship [278]
Season [231]
Character
Genre

Archive Links:

Twitter
Awards
Tumblr
Links

Site Info

Members: 1536
Series: 20
Stories: 289
Chapters: 1550
Word count: 7908585
Authors: 58
Reviews: 2554
Reviewers: 156
Newest Member: elamanuela
 

Search





Banner for Buffy/Faith fanfic Corneal Reflex

Corneal Reflex by Rosemont

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes:

Just an experiment in brevity. Been living on my computer for a couple years, thought I'd air it out on this shiny new archive.

 

She stood in the pouring rain, blinking against the drops as they hit her lashes. Swiping angrily at her eyes for betraying her by closing for even a millisecond. It only resulted in further blurring her vision and stealing yet another precious moment of her sight.

It doesn't end like this. It is not possible that it could end like this.

The woman in front of her lay gasping on the wet stones of the alley. Her eyes didn't blink in the rain, her eyes didn't steal from her the last visions of her life. They locked on the woman standing before her and conveyed only the inevitability of what was happening.

The gasping turned into a terrible shudder that seemed to send a tremor through the alley, then only stillness. Her eyes did not close, did not guard against the rain, and did not look away from death.

Riveted to the spot where she stood watching, a sudden numbness washed over her, saving her momentarily from the intense pain that was surely to come, silencing the scream that was building in her throat, deadening the impact as her knees dropped to the alley stones. And, finally, stopping her eyes from blinking in the rain.

 


Chapter Views:




Please note: If you are using IE (particularly IE9) and having problems with the review form, try turning off text editor. Otherwise, try a different browser.